Chrome alternator

I have a PowerMaster brand 180 amp that I just had rebuilt a couple of months ago. I replaced it with a new AC Delco stock style ($110 shipped) and haven't yet put the chrome one back on.

I couldn't sell it for what I have in it, especially with shipping.

I see them at Summit and Jeg's for very similar prices, about $200 with shipping. Might want to try that route. New part with a warranty.......

If it's used, chrome and it's for sale, there's probably a reason....... ;)

As Turbolou always tells me, "Chrome won't get you home."............ Ergo the "rebuilt" part of my comment about the chrome one. It didn't even have 1000 miles on it.

Last edited:
There is a chrome alternator kit you can buy. Do a google search for "Grand national chrome alternator kit"

I called summit and they gave me 2 prices for my car. $389 & $279. Didn't feel like paying that and those were 160 amp.

I will check into the kit.

Kirban has an alt guy check with him maybe he can whip something up for you.. You'll know quick Dennis doesn't drag his feet

TFF-7500M. Not 100% sure but I think that's the one you want from summit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I called summit. They don't have the correct case kit for a turbo buick.
Turbo 6 performance had a kit listed on website but you can't order it. I sent them a message. They said the chrome case has been discontinued.
Looks like we might be S.O.L. on the kit but I think you can buy a complete chrome alternator from them.

Last edited:
IMG_5537.JPG
The holy grail

It's from Tuff Stuff Performance. That part number is 7290NA6G.
Note: The case has to be reclocked but it's pretty simple to do.

Last edited:
View attachment 308576 The holy grail

It's from Tuff Stuff Performance. That part number is 7290NA6G.
Note: The case has to be reclocked but it's pretty simple to do.

Garnering from his first post, I think the OP was somewhat "budget limited"...... ergo his interest in a used item......

What is the price and amperage for this piece you speak of, seemingly made of "unobtainium"? ;):)

Larry i have a chrome alt just rebuilt. im in kansas city, long time no talk 573-286-1699 bryan