Chris, VB issue today...

jakeshoe

Thanks for the help, here's what I figured out.

KC valve body with medium weighted gov, shifted way to early, had NO downshiuft with throttle. I thought it was a TV issue but we had good pressure and rise.

Installed the CR valve body, same gov, did the 3-2 valve trick. Still shifting way too early, plus now I had a weird issue with the lockup, had lockup in 2nd and 3rd and not in OD.

I didn't ride in the car before the work, so didn't have a comparison.

With the super early upshifts I couldn't figure out the lockup issue, and with the lockup issue I wasn't sure what was going on.

then I remembered I had swapped VB's and not swapped the damn 4th gear NO pressure switch onto the replacement VB. Dropped the pan, installed the correct pressure switch and a BR/CZ type governor and it was perfect.

Shifts were about 5800 at WOT, firm, crisp, good part throttle and kicdown manners, no harsh 3-2 downshift. That seems to have cleaned up with the 3-2 mod. Customer commented on it and really liked that.

Mine aren't harsh because I retain the cushion spring, but that mod makes it even less, barely noticeable.

Thanks again.

It's the cleanest "firm" shift I've felt yet.
I've actually made them shift harder in the past but this shift hits very firmly but no bang feel. I think the timing must be spot on.

This unit I built about a year ago and he's just getting it in. Add the CR valve body to the units that work GOOD with the MCSS gov and the VB mods.

well,that is another benefit of the 3/2 control valve mod.it orifices 3/2 kickdown oil thru the hole in the plate not the valve.when used with my seperator plate and dual feed it produces imo the best 2/3 and 3/2 ever obtaianable with a 2004r transmission.1 hole feeds band knockoff not 3 .this is the answer to the failures.the 2 ballchecks in the circuit are not needed .both are deleted in the new plate.

Yeah,
this plate is setup with the holes blocked like yours. I built it back when we were first trying that out.

Hey Chris...any release on the update for the 3-2 control valve mod? I have to get mine back together before next Wednesday when my converter will be here and I would like to do this before then. I do have your manual and was waiting for a post here when they would be released. Thanks. :D