Choose my cam!

I'm always intrigued with the different cam opinions and results everyone posts thereof. I'm not a cam expert, but my friend who has taught and helped me over the years is! Per his design, I had a custom grind Comp Cam in my TR that I sold, yielding 11.90's @ 112 w/ 17-18psi. It had excellent street manners as well as bottom, mid, and top end pull. (I'll give spec thru personal email request).
I agree with Woody and others that the stock cam will take you a good ways, but as someone else also mentioned, it won't be enough once you're there (we always want more...). In other words, plan ahead, and achieve the best of both worlds. TR's don't need huge cams to perform well, but there is still some gains to be had in a cam upgrade even at your level, that will only be enhanced greater at your next step. The custom grind I used is not one that you'll find on the shelf, as it was a little experimental, but it works great!
"Red's Hot Air" listed a good one too, which ironically is based on an old RV cam grind from SpeedPro, designed to make a bunch of torque to move huge vehicles. However, it's characteristics and end goals greatly match what we're trying to accomplish with our cars too.
I'm not big on the single pattern cams, although many people do like them and get good results with them. It all boils down to what will match and compliment your particular setup, and what your end goals are. Just remember, conservative is more driveable. If you put a big honkin' cam in, you'll probably be dissatisfied, IMO.

Wow! I didn't know Jason went 4 tenths quicker from running the car at Vegas to BG:eek: Air and altitude can make all the difference between that 10 second stock block and that 9 second stock block:) Good luck with your car Woody and I hope you get that mid 10 second pass when December rolls around (wouldn't that be a nice Merry Christmas)!:D