Chips For 36lb Yellow's

PaulRV6

Does it make a difference in the chip I use for the 36 lb accel vs the 36 lb "new blutops"?
I am going to purchase a set of the accel 36 lb injectors but have not seen any chips advertised specifically for these. So if buy one for the blues I am wondering if it will work just as good? The accels's any better than the "new blues"?
Anyone know of specific chips for the yellow's or maybe it does'nt matter.
Thank you for the help.

paul

Yes you did, Steve. So I guess it doen't matter about the brand, its all in the flow rating.
paul

Why don't you just buy a set of red stripes? Accel's injectors are usually vastly overpriced.

What do the red stripes flow? I was looking for a well mannered street/strip injector. Nick Michale quoted me what I thought was a pretty good price for them. He stated that these were very well manered injectors for the street (low 12's high 11's).
Inquring minds looking for info.

paul

The red stripes are advertised at 40# but in actuality are around 38#. With the right chip, they work fine.

Nick may have a good hookup on Accel stuff. Only place I've ever seen them sold is like Summit.

Originally posted by PaulRV6
Yes you did, Steve. So I guess it doen't matter about the brand, its all in the flow rating.
paul

It does matter about brand. But the Accel 36# have the same curve as the Bosch blue tops according to Nick. They seem pretty cheap in Jegs but they are advertised as groups of 8. Don't know if they will sell by six or not. Nick will, tho.

Steve, when you say that "the curve is the same as the Bosch blue tops according to Nick", are you referring to the "old style" blues?
Just trying to get a handle on what to use with my stock turbo without throwing money away. If they cost alittle more but are better than ok, otherwise... Maybe I need to talk to Nick further.
Thanks Steve.

paul

The 36# Bosch injector (part # 0-280-150-967) that we refer to as a blue top flows the same as the 36# Accel injector. Similar flow values at common pulsewidths. As it is advertised as a Bosch style injector, I suspect it is the same injector as packaged by Accel.

Therefore any chip cut for the Bosch 36# injector will be a match for the new injector from Accel. Not sure what else to say. :)

Listen to Nick, I would have been money ahead if I had contacted him early in my buildup.

I purchased a set of Lucas injectors rated at 40# which ended up flowing only 36#. None of the 40# chips I had would work so had to have chips redone by Jay Carter for actual injector flow.

Deep Enough

Donald McMullin

I think that "new style blues" is actually a reference to the Accell 36# injectors. But I read way too many posts and am easily confused.

Tom