Chip Question

Mightysix

Hello all,

I recently installed a SMC alky kit in my car. The kit is over 3 yrs old, I tested and it is running good. I have a thrasher 92 chip in my car which has been in the car since I bought it. My problem is when I punch the car I am still getting KR as high as 3. If i eaze into it and bring the pedal down 3/4 the way it is ok... IS my chip screwing me up? Do I need a chip that is meant to run with Alky.

Please any feedback.

Mike

Mightysix said:
Hello all,

I recently installed a SMC alky kit in my car. The kit is over 3 yrs old, I tested and it is running good. I have a thrasher 92 chip in my car which has been in the car since I bought it. My problem is when I punch the car I am still getting KR as high as 3. If i eaze into it and bring the pedal down 3/4 the way it is ok... IS my chip screwing me up? Do I need a chip that is meant to run with Alky.

Please any feedback.

Mike

You shouldn't have any issues (it ought to run ok.... w/o KR) with the pump gas chip and alky kit.... if you are still getting KR..... you need more alky..... Are you running straight methanol?

Just my 0.02...... you are leaving alot of power untapped by not running a chip cut for alky.... the alky chips (among other features) have a much more agressive timing curve allowing for more power. Contact Eric at turbtweak. He can fix you right up.... and the price is right too.