Chip for Bosch 50lb same as MSD?

sf600

I have a set of Bosch 50lb injectors and three chips that are supposed to be for MSD injectors. Does the Bosch require a different program or are 50 pounders all the same. I greatly appreciate any info that can be sent my way.

Thanks

I didnt know Bosch made a 50# injector. Are you sure they aren't low z 52s?

Im pretty sure that's a low ohm 52# injector, judging by the picture. I have several guys running those injectors and yes, you will need a new chip. You will also need a modified ECM if they are low ohm injectors.

You should get a meter and check the ohm rating across the coil just to be sure.

The 52s are really good injectors, though. I wouldnt be upset about getting a set of those.

Well.. a high z injector is 12 or above usually. Anything below that, I consider to be low impedence. Those are probably around 2.4 or so.

They all measure 2.6
Can you recomend where I can have the ecm driver mod done?
Thank you.

Sleeper, that is a helpfull thread thanks.
Are there any drawbacks common to running low Z injectors like idle quality, tip in stumble or other driveability issues?
Sorry for the squirrely questions, TIA.

No problems at all. In fact they are a bit easier to tune down low, because of the faster response times of the peak and hold drivers vs the saturated circuit drivers. 1.5ms vs 2ms. If your injector duty cycle is around 2 milliseconds or below at idle, you can see where they will shine.
I run Siemens low imp. 52's and the car idles extremely well.
Remember the key is the chip... A good chip programmer like Bob or Jay will make the injectors perform the way they should right across the board.

Paul