Chicagoland Spring Dyno Day

Turbo Loyd

Do you care how your car is tuned in? Are you wondering "can I get those extra few ponies out of it?" Well, our 5th dyno session will be held on April 12, 2003, at ATR Motorsports Inc in Joliet. For those of you that are asking what is a dyno session. Let me say these sessions are ALOT of fun, bench racing, and a big learning experience. Well when dynoing the car you can see where the MPH, Air / Fuel, horsepower, and torque are at, which makes it easier to see what you have to do for tuning. The pulls will start at 8 in the morning and will go all day or as long as we have cars. I am starting the schedule as in the past it makes everything go real smoothly. It is $50 for two pulls and then if you need further assistance in tuning talk to Al. (Shhhh other clubs are paying $75) It takes approx. 20 minutes for the two pulls. Please e-mail Scott at turbottypewe4@attbi.com or call 708-485-8477 and leave a message to schedule a time. Please forward this on to anyone else that you think will be interested in coming.

A little on what goes on with the dyno. ATR will strap the car down via 2 in front and 2 in back. Tires are on two separate rollers. A fan will be blowing on the engine the whole time. With dynamic testing and graphing capability highlight problems in an easy to interpret manner. Electrical, fuel, clutch or convertor slippage and drive train problems are determined quickly.

Some of you might be interested on what the max HP limit and who will drive the car? The max HP limit for the dyno is 1500 at the REAR wheels and either ATR or whoever you want to drive the car can.

Directions

ATR Motorsport Inc
550 N. Chicago St
Joliet, IL 60432
815-726-7866

From East
The easiest way is take I80 east to Joliet Bear right on ramp at sign reading Exit 132 US-52 / IL-53 Chicago St. Turn LEFT on S. Chicago St., IL-53 and go North Continue straight stay in right hand lane you will go under a railroad passage which will then be a Stop Sign "T" make a right. Follow this down. You will go through 7 stop lights after the "T" After the 7th stop light the very next street should be IRVING make a left. Al's shop is on the right hand side of the street. (old Goodyear building)

If you miss the turn on Irving and you go under then underpass. Just make a left at end of street and then another left on to Chicago. You will then see the shop about a block down on left hand side of street.

From West
Take I55 south to I80. I80 east which is the second exit. You will then go to Exit 132B (north) US-52 / IL-53 Chicago St. Continue straight stay in right hand lane you will go under a railroad passage which will then be a Stop Sign "T" make a right. Follow this down. You will go through 7 stop lights after the "T" After the 7th stop light the very next street should be IRVING make a left. Al's shop is on the right hand side of the street. (old Goodyear building)

If you miss the turn on Irving and you go under then underpass. Just make a left at end of street and then another left on to Chicago. You will then see the shop about a block down on left hand side of street.

If you need further assistance with directions please contact me or use the following link for MapBlast!

http://www.mapblaster.com <http://www.mapblaster.com/>

Scott Jakubowski
Frankfort, IL
CCGSCA #116
1987 Turbo T WE4
E-mail: TurboTTypeWE4
Home Page: Scott's Web Page
Please e-mail Scott at turbottypewe4@attbi.com or call 708-485-8477 and leave a message to schedule a time.

Dyno day

I'll be there and will dyno at least one car. But pry will have both there.BTW the new one chassis certified to 7.50 NHRA:eek: Not bad for a T-Top car.

Steve