chevy HHR

regal-nut

well my wife and i got fed up with the jeep. I just could not take the stress of the thing and the BS that it was starting to give me. So i told the wife to start looking. :eek:( told her before i let my brain think)
Well we looked all week long. Late nights of looking on line and getting off work and looking at car lots. Man it has been a long week!!!!! We went back to the first lot that we looked at and got a deal. (I hope) We got an 08 HHR for $5,750 with only 45,000 miles on it and it still has the gm warinty on it. I just could not pass on the deal.
I just want to know if anyone here owns one? likes it? and how well dose it run? does anyone have any problems with it? I do like it and same for the wife. She is acting like a kid in a candy store.:eek: Thanks for reading this it is i hope to be a bit stress free here in the house now and just maybee i will get left alone now to work on my toys. :biggrin:

I had one bought it new it never gave me any probs i put 36,000 miles on it...then traded it in

Ummm. I JUST got done fixing hail on one like 20 minutes ago. I can tell you that the headliner comes out relatively easy and the roof has great access for fixing hail damage. :D LOL Other than that I don't know much about them.

I have a '07 LS HHR. Never a problem with about 48000 miles on it. I bought it 2 years ago with 19000 on it and have driven the wheels off the thing. I will say it's not real great in heavy snow but maybe winter tires would help.

I would say you got a deal...$5700 is wholesale trade-in (black book). You stole that thing.

I have a '07 LS HHR. Never a problem with about 48000 miles on it. I bought it 2 years ago with 19000 on it and have driven the wheels off the thing. I will say it's not real great in heavy snow but maybe winter tires would help.

I would say you got a deal...$5700 is wholesale trade-in (black book). You stole that thing.

It is an ls also. Thats why i said we will take it. I did not have to do any price arguing on it. The bank that gave us the loan told them that they had to lower the price from 8950 and give us 2850 for the 2000 jeep.(the jeep was having some problem and i was tired of the repair bills). we at this point dont know why but the ball joints are bad (on the HHR)but thy are fixing it and no bill to us.

It is an ls also. Thats why i said we will take it. I did not have to do any price arguing on it. The bank that gave us the loan told them that they had to lower the price from 8950 and give us 2850 for the 2000 jeep.(the jeep was having some problem and i was tired of the repair bills). we at this point dont know why but the ball joints are bad (on the HHR)but thy are fixing it and no bill to us.

OK, that makes more sense. 8950 purchase price minus the 2850 for your old Jeep equals the 5700 net price. Still an excellent price. Mine has no extras, except for the running boards I installed. You will find without the running boards the rear wheel flair will get pretty badly stone chipped from rocks kicked up by the front tires. Running boards solve the problem and do not get in your way entering and exiting the vehicle. Mine is a 5 speed (what I was looking for) and I average all around 30 mpg. They really are pretty nice vehicles that will haul a ton of stuff and have some very nice features for their price range (auto headlights, lights that turn on with the wipers, power windows/locks, CD AM-FM radio, cruise, tilt, AC that will freeze you out, deep tinted rear windows, etc). A very well equipped vehicle for it's price. I really enjoy driving mine.

Ball joints are common problems along with the control arm bushings.they should be replacing the whole arm which will take care of the bushings and the ball joints. Struts and mounts are pretty common . Take it in after the repairs and have it inspected by someone other than a dealer. Make sure the rest of the suspension is good. Front and rear.Other than that keep up on maintenance . good luck with it

what caused you to trade it in?
I was workin for company that delivered meds to nursing homes and i got rid of a full size van to buy it...It used half the fuel the van did neway my boss told me i was doin good so i sold my paid off van and got the hhr with payments...Well my a hole boss cut my sched in half to make room for a friend of his :mad: And the prob was that noone else was gonna hire me to deliver anything in an hhr, so while i could still show good income i traded it in on my first chevy express and took a $7000 loss cause all the miles i put on it:mad::mad::mad: i quit the pharmacy and went expediting...It had nothin to do with the car itself i loved it!!!

I was workin for company that delivered meds to nursing homes and i got rid of a full size van to buy it...It used half the fuel the van did neway my boss told me i was doin good so i sold my paid off van and got the hhr with payments...Well my a hole boss cut my sched in half to make room for a friend of his :mad: And the prob was that noone else was gonna hire me to deliver anything in an hhr, so while i could still show good income i traded it in on my first chevy express and took a $7000 loss cause all the miles i put on it:mad::mad::mad: i quit the pharmacy and went expediting...It had nothin to do with the car itself i loved it!!!

man that has got to suk bad. sorry to hear. i hope that you will get to own another one soon:smile:

Ball joints are common problems along with the control arm bushings.they should be replacing the whole arm which will take care of the bushings and the ball joints. Struts and mounts are pretty common . Take it in after the repairs and have it inspected by someone other than a dealer. Make sure the rest of the suspension is good. Front and rear.Other than that keep up on maintenance . good luck with it

cool :smile:thanks for the heads up on the arm. i will let the wife now to relay the message to the shop. when it comes back i will have my pesonal machinic look at it.

cool :smile:thanks for the heads up on the arm. i will let the wife now to relay the message to the shop. when it comes back i will have my pesonal machinic look at it.

The shop said that all that stuff will be fixed but i still will have it looked at after it comes back.

2007 LT2, 39,000 now but bought it with 13,000. No problems and driving the wheels off of it.

ok the wife wants to what is up with the little light in the head liner near the windshild. it only comes on at night. How do we control it. (on & off switch?):confused:

My girlfriend drives one, and so far no problems with it. Shes had it for about a year now. So far so good. It's an '08, with about 40 some thousand miles on it. She bought it used.

My wife had a 09' LT, best commuter car we've owned.....with stabilitrak and snow tires it would go anywhere.

ok the wife wants to what is up with the little light in the head liner near the windshild. it only comes on at night. How do we control it. (on & off switch?):confused:
That stays on, I believe. No switch. It sheds a little light on the center area.