Chevy 350 swap questions, HELP!!!

bagged84regal

Hey, im currently in the process of doing a 350 swap in my 84 regal. I had a V-6 3.8 non turbo motor in it and am doing the 350 now. I need to know if anyone can help me decide if i should be getting regal V-8 307 or monte carlo chevy 350 front springs. I need to determin whichever one will have the front end sit up the highest b/c im putting 22s back on it. The Regal springs sit higher free air height but the monte carlo 350 springs are thicker in diameter, so if anyone could please tell me if they know the answer to this question or if they might know someone that has dealt with this issue before. Also will the monte carlo motor mounts work for it or is there a better alternative? Thank you all in advance.

There is no weight difference between the 307 and the 350. Try the search feature, lots and lots of threads on springs. Or just go with the taller spring. It may not be taller installed, but it will ride better being a smaller diameter. Maybe check out a donk site, everyone here wants to go fast and 22's aren't part of that plan.

I Did The Same Thing Put The Monte Carlo Ss Front Springs Work Fine And Motor Mounts Work Fine All The Same El Camnio Etc.

There is no weight difference between the 307 and the 350. Try the search feature, lots and lots of threads on springs. Or just go with the taller spring. It may not be taller installed, but it will ride better being a smaller diameter. Maybe check out a donk site, everyone here wants to go fast and 22's aren't part of that plan.

Yea im hoping to have around 425 hP and if it comes down to it, TRUST ME :biggrin: the 22s will get sold if thats what it takes to get her to go a little faster...

thank you for your input.

I have the V6 springs in mine here's how she sits.
DSCF0187.jpg

Yea im hoping to have around 425 hP and if it comes down to it, TRUST ME :biggrin: the 22s will get sold if thats what it takes to get her to go a little faster...

thank you for your input.
You can go fast on your 22s they are the biggest rim that will fit a g body without makin a "DONK" out of your car theres a monte carlo up here on the eastside that runs 10s he leaves the 22s on the front and has welds with et streets on the back when he races it looks goofy as hell but it runs like a scalded dog :eek: good luck

Why worry about springs, if you're bagged? drag that ish! lol

GOOD POINT!!! :D But i sold my bags a year ago and sold that regal that they were on...now im builing a new regal and im trying to do everything 10X better....LOL i would change my screen name but idk how to and idk if it would change anything

I really dont want a "DONK" or anything like that but i do want it to look nice and different than all the "LOWRIDERS" that are around; just trying to make my car reflect me and personalized what i like in a car.

You can go fast on your 22s they are the biggest rim that will fit a g body without makin a "DONK" out of your car theres a monte carlo up here on the eastside that runs 10s he leaves the 22s on the front and has welds with et streets on the back when he races it looks goofy as hell but it runs like a scalded dog :eek: good luck

LOL i bet that would be a little different but hell if it works why be like everyone else i guess

GOOD POINT!!! :D But i sold my bags a year ago and sold that regal that they were on...now im builing a new regal and im trying to do everything 10X better....LOL i would change my screen name but idk how to and idk if it would change anything

I really dont want a "DONK" or anything like that but i do want it to look nice and different than all the "LOWRIDERS" that are around; just trying to make my car reflect me and personalized what i like in a car.

Eh, I say bag it again, anyway. I've never really been a huge fan of static suspension.