"Cherry Pie" is for sale ...

tweaked2

"Cherry Pie" is for sale ...

$12,995.00

“Cherry Pie” is Janace’s 1987 Buick Grand National crème puff. It is driven ~~ 75 miles a day - back and forth from work and gets 19 – 21 mpg.
(NOTE: the emblems have been removed with the custom paint, but it is a TRUE GN.)
MILEAGE: 122K miles – Runs GREAT! (Driven daily!)
FRESH HP Transmission and HP Torque Converter
GREAT PAINT: NEW “Black Cherry” PAINT: (Metallic Burgandy)
GREAT INTERIOR: NEW CUSTOM Leather Seats & door panels
NEW Headliner
CUSTOM WHEELS & BRAND NEW HP TIRES:
NEW HD SHOCK
NEW Poly Bushings
NEW HD RR Stabilizer Bar
AFTERMARKET: Turbo, Injectors, Fuel pump, Adj. FP Regulator, K&N Air Filter, 3” HP Exhaust System, Chrome goodies & Engine Dress up stuff
AFTERMARKET GAGES: Boost, EGT, WT, Oil Press

VERY nice ... Call 281-219-4343 or contact us at conley@wt.net

Which one am I misreading --the Mileage or the price....:confused:

Cuz they aint jiven to me:rolleyes:

Lawrence and Janace are nice people. They are also vendors. If you're interested in their car, can you simply ask for more information instead of pointing out errors in his post? That doesn't show much class.

John I have bought parts from them,,,So yes I know what good people are...
But do you think I am the only one thinking -Hmmmmm

MATH ..............

Thanks John for the defense and thanks BandAid&#8776 for the math exercise andcritique.

It is great that you read AND ... did the correct math.

HOWEVER ...

"Cherry Pie" is not for everyone BUT .. the car has lots of real neat stuff. A real looker and ... ONLY 122K miles of TLC.

The last 20K were 40 freeway miles to and from work.

This is not the typical $6K T-Type or rag GN.

Take your typical rag GN or T-Type ...

+ $3500 Paint & body + $3000 Interior + $1500 tran + $250 HP converter + $400 HPexhaust + $$$ body bushings + body braces + HD stab bar + HD shocks + poly-bushings + HP turbo + HP Elbow & DP + inj + fuel pump + adj FP reg + alarm + headliner + gages + NEW 17" tires + 17" wheels + labor and ... you have a rag + over $11K in parts "plus" labor + the original $6K.

It now appears ... that I priced it TOO LOW!!!

Thanks again John and thank you BandAid&#8776 for the mental exercise.

We wish ALL a very Happy New Year.

Have a nice day.

LC:)

Re: MATH ..............

Originally posted by tweaked2
Thanks John for the defense and thanks BandAid&#8776 for the math exercise andcritique.

It is great that you read AND ... did the correct math.

HOWEVER ...

"Cherry Pie" is not for everyone BUT .. the car has lots of real neat stuff. A real looker and ... ONLY 122K miles of TLC.

The last 20K were 40 freeway miles to and from work.

This is not the typical $6K T-Type or rag GN.

Take your typical rag GN or T-Type ...

+ $3500 Paint & body + $3000 Interior + $1500 tran + $250 HP converter + $400 HPexhaust + $$$ body bushings + body braces + HD stab bar + HD shocks + poly-bushings + HP turbo + HP Elbow & DP + inj + fuel pump + adj FP reg + alarm + headliner + gages + NEW 17" tires + 17" wheels + labor and ... you have a rag + over $11K in parts "plus" labor + the original $6K.

It now appears ... that I priced it TOO LOW!!!

Thanks again John and thank you BandAid&#8776 for the mental exercise.

We wish ALL a very Happy New Year.

Have a nice day.

LC:)
Now I am reallly laughing,Take most of that away from the car and you dont even have a rag $6k car...The only thing viable above is the paint...please tell me about the interior,since Jax full leather is $1000,

Makes me think twice about selling my 52,000 Turbo T for $8400,since it has ported heads $800,new exhaust $375,Art car 4200 $400,Eric Curtz trans $1500,double pumpers $400,PTE FM $900 Torq Thruster 17"$1500,PT70 $900,70mm TB plenum 375

Dang now I'm up to $15,550 minus $3500 since I have bad paint New price $12050

WOW thanks...........Oh and thats 52,000 miles
:p dran I forgot my Bilstiens with 50 miles on them +300,new air in the tire too....:rolleyes:

Re: Re: MATH ..............

Originally posted by BandAid≈
Now I am reallly laughing,Take most of that away from the car and you dont even have a rag $6k car...The only thing viable above is the paint...please tell me about the interior,since Jax full leather is $1000,

Makes me think twice about selling my 52,000 Turbo T for $8400,since it has ported heads $800,new exhaust $375,Art car 4200 $400,Eric Curtz trans $1500,double pumpers $400,PTE FM $900 Torq Thruster 17"$1500,PT70 $900,70mm TB plenum 375

Dang now I'm up to $15,550 minus $3500 since I have bad paint New price $12050

WOW thanks...........Oh and thats 52,000 miles
:p dran I forgot my Bilstiens with 50 miles on them +300,new air in the tire too....:rolleyes:

dude, its his car, let him sell it for what he thinks its worth. If it doesnt sell, does it affect you? :rolleyes:

I'm not going to say anything, but I really wish I could add up all the mods of I've done to my car and sell it for that price or close. I could retire at 27!:D

Not to speak for my friends Lawrence and Janace, but, I know most people's prices are always negotiable. Maybe he's accounting for that option?

However, I know this car. I've seen this car. I also know who painted the car. And, it's an awfully nice one-of-a-kind GN! It's not a "rag" by any means, and I don't think the price is at all outrageous based on what any GN goes for in decent shape or better.

I would agree with others' comments, in that, it's a bit rude to rip on somebody about trying to get an estimated fair price for a classic high-performance automobile.

My GN looks like it went through a tornado, yet, I wouldn't sell it for less than 10k in its current form.

Our cars are worth whatever anyone will pay for them, therefore, why not try to get top dollar??? :confused:

Re: Re: Re: MATH ..............

Originally posted by YeaItsSlo
dude, its his car, let him sell it for what he thinks its worth. If it doesnt sell, does it affect you? :rolleyes:

What he said.:cool:

Mr and Mrs Conley are very nice folks, why must someone always come in with a negative attitude! :rolleyes:

I didn't mean my post as a negative. I meant it as being entirely complimentary to Mr. Conley! Many people who are selling their cars and having to deal with comments from some (bandaid8776) would be very irate and rightly so. Mr. Conley on the other hand responded very gentlemanly to bandaid's comments and I just pointed out that Mr. Conley happens to reside in Humble, Texas.
I've talked briefly with Mr. Conley @ Bowling Green and seen the
quality of his cars and am certain that "cherry pie" is a beautiful
car that has had much tlc and he should be able to ask whatever he wishes for his car without being subjected to derisive commentary. Now, back to the purpose of this thread, there is a a car for sale!

humble: not proud or arrogant, courteously respectful.

My GN is one of those typ rag GNs with 113,000 miles.I was offered 15 K for it 2 years ago and told them Ill keep it .I just started thinking what it would take me to build the car again.By tha way Ive had people ask me if the mileage was correct like only 12k dude .Im no its 112 .I take care of my stuff and so do the Conleys................2 cents complete