Cherry Bomb Pro or Flowmaster 40 Series

willitell

Naturally Aspirated
well it's going to be going on an NA 3.8L, Stock exhaust system, Headers will be coming later on down the road. Has an edelbrock performer and holley 4bbl.

Looking for a good throaty sound, low cost, and decent quality.
I've narrowed it down to these 2, but other suggestions are welcome. Would love to know what other people have used, but I guess the NA section is pretty thin on members.

Thanks in advance for any help, insights, and advice.

-Will

well it's going to be going on an NA 3.8L, Stock exhaust system, Headers will be coming later on down the road. Has an edelbrock performer and holley 4bbl.

Looking for a good throaty sound, low cost, and decent quality.
I've narrowed it down to these 2, but other suggestions are welcome. Would love to know what other people have used, but I guess the NA section is pretty thin on members.

Thanks in advance for any help, insights, and advice.

-Will
I used the Flow 40's......throaty but the one throw-back is that if you like listening to the stereo on long distance, you should dampen the interior. (Or raise the volume to unbearable levels even with a high amp).

I still have mine in the garage. I had a duel exhaust with Pace setter headers installed with two 40 Flows and the bung for the O2 sensor on the headers. I'll get rid of them for outragessly cheap if you are interested in 'em. Shoot me a PM. They are very good condition. I'll post pics if you'd like....if you decide on it. Research well!

Post / Send me some pics, I might be interested.

Thanks for the heads up about the stereo, I wasn't sure if it was as bad as everyone says.

Thanks
-Will

I'll start with these...:biggrin:

Attachments

• DSCN1628.JPG
    DSCN1628.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 167
  • DSCN1636.JPG
    DSCN1636.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 167
  • DSCN1635.JPG
    DSCN1635.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 162
  • DSCN1637.JPG
    DSCN1637.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 145
  • DSCN1634.JPG
    DSCN1634.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 132
Here's what's included:

2-FlowMaster 40's 2-1/4" inlet and outlet. 2-collector/reducers for 2-1/4" pipe.

15-brand new hex header bolts for 3.8 V6 Buick, (I'll include one reguler header bolt since I lost one hex for a total of 16-bolts :biggrin:).

2-Pace Setter headers w/o2 bung on passengers side.

Attachments

• DSCN1633.JPG
    DSCN1633.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 156
  • DSCN1632.JPG
    DSCN1632.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 131
  • DSCN1631.JPG
    DSCN1631.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 152
  • DSCN1630.JPG
    DSCN1630.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 130
  • DSCN1629.JPG
    DSCN1629.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 155
Here are the headers a little cleaner......(they've been sitting for about a year).:biggrin:

Attachments

• DSCN1638.JPG
    DSCN1638.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 164
  • DSCN1639.JPG
    DSCN1639.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 160
  • DSCN1640.JPG
    DSCN1640.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 180
  • DSCN1641.JPG
    DSCN1641.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 124
  • DSCN1642.JPG
    DSCN1642.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 122
I'm very tempted, But I found a local guy who's doing an SBC or BBC swap into his '81(?) Cutlass, and I'm first in line for the headers... Plus I wouldn't need both 40s since I don't have the money to get a dual just yet.

So Thanks but after looking into my bank account :eek: There isn't that much, and I need other things for the car.

do you still have these ? any idea how much it all weighs so i can try and estimate shipping costs to the UK ?

U.K. may be an expensive endeavor with the Patriot Act and all but I don't know for sure. Then there's the issue of exchange and payment. I'll only do PayPal with overseas transactions. The weight is possibly about 60-lbs for everything.

If you're willing to put up with these issues.... then yes I do still have them.

U.K. may be an expensive endeavor with the Patriot Act and all but I don't know for sure. Then there's the issue of exchange and payment. I'll only do PayPal with overseas transactions. The weight is possibly about 60-lbs for everything.

If you're willing to put up with these issues.... then yes I do still have them.

Paypal is not a problem, (you can check my ebay rating for assurance if you like seller ID = UnityJon )

will look into courier costs,

thanks

***EDIT**** holy-sh.... 4-10day parcel post USPS for 60lb is $207.65 even with the exchange rate as it is thats damn expensive for postage, i hate USPS :(

Try pricing out fedex and UPS.

USPS is usually a rip if the package is > 30lbs. And even more so if it's overseas.