Cheetah Turbonetics Turbo

87GNcospg

Send your Donations
I just received a turbonetics turbo for the price of a tank of gas. lol. i dont know if i will ever actually use this turbo but hey, it was dirt cheap.

well the turbo is in horrible shape. a few of the fins on the compressor side are chiped off. i am not sure of the history on this particular turbo nor was the person that i bought it from. there is a lot of shaft play and i can hear something rattling in the center section. well i am not sure if it is just a Cheetah turbo, stage III, or stage IV. anyone know how to tell? turbonetics couldnt help me at all over the phone. i know that the exhaust housing is a .63 and it has the garret stamp on it.

i have done a fex searches on here and i am not really able to come up with any good info on the turbonetics cheetah turbo. are they a good turbo on our cars? where is there "sweet" spot? boost limits with stock intercooler and duttweiler neck? any information at all on these turbos will be greatly appreciated.

OH i will have pics of turbo up here in a day or so.

I used to have a Cheetah years ago to. From what I understand there are many different versions of this turbo. Itsa not like a TE44 where a TE44 is the same no matter where you get it from. A Cheetah can be built to many different specs according to the guy who ordered it..

Originally posted by FlyinGN
I used to have a Cheetah years ago to. From what I understand there are many different versions of this turbo. Itsa not like a TE44 where a TE44 is the same no matter where you get it from. A Cheetah can be built to many different specs according to the guy who ordered it..

what type of cheetah did you have on your car? size of housings and etc.? did you have the stock D5 convertor? how much boost would you run on it? 1/4 mile times? sorry for all the questions.

I've got a stage 4 Cheetah turbo.

42.5# injectors, 3200 stall, guy before me ran 11.5's on the turbo. Right now I'm running 17#'s on 93. Havn't taken it to the track yet.

Pictures of Cheetah turbo

From gnttype

Designation Est. HP Recommended Minimum Stall Recommended Minimum Injector
Stage 3 475 Stock 50lb/hr
Stage 4 500 3500 50lb/hr
Stage 5 550 3500 72lb/hr

my exhuast housing says it it a .63 garret. i heard somewhere that if its from turbonetics (which it is) there .63 is actually more like an .82.
i hope this is not the case because i dont plan on ever upgrading my stall to anything past 2400 and i dont want this turbo to be a pig on the bottom end.

I had a stage 4 with .82 exhaust with a 3000 converter and 38 lb injectors.. Ram well. low 13's.

Originally posted by 87GNcospg
what type of cheetah did you have on your car? size of housings and etc.? did you have the stock D5 convertor? how much boost would you run on it? 1/4 mile times? sorry for all the questions.

those pics of the Cheetah is my turbo. I took those pics for the Turbo regal website when I got my PTS 51 and had my Turbonetics cheetah off..

Originally posted by progress1vebmx
I've got a stage 4 Cheetah turbo.

42.5# injectors, 3200 stall, guy before me ran 11.5's on the turbo. Right now I'm running 17#'s on 93. Havn't taken it to the track yet.

Pictures of Cheetah turbo

From gnttype

i know that i have a .63 exhaust housing. if i ever get this thing rebuilt does anyone know if i will have problems with spool up? should it act like a stocker but have more top end flow?

84turbogn
i bought those two turbos and that vacuum block from him. the aftermarket passenger side exhaust wouldnt work on the tta.

Turbo

I have a Turbonetics "Cheetah" originaly designated as T04-H3 ... It pumped enuf air thro. a FM Icooler to make over 550hp at bout 4500 rpm on green top injectors at 25lbs boost. I ran it with an Art Carr 9" TC and made lost of low 12 sec. runs. Never got the right tune up to go quicker but I can't fault the turbo for that.
There is a number "20192" raised casting on the backside of the compressor outlet and the very obvious Turbonetics "t" logo also cast into the compressor housing. Compressor inlet is 2.5"

I have a Turbonetics Stage 4 in my T. 11.57 at 116mph through the 2.5" Hooker exhaust. It has a .82 a/r exhaust housing. A stock D5 will not spool this turbo with the .82 a/r housing properly. I run a 9".

mine has a .63 exhaust housing with a garret stamp on it. stock exhsut housing. i wont know what stage i have until it gets rebuilt next week and i can measure some things.