Checking out a Car

You will definitely spend $$$$$ on this build. If you brought one already fixed up, you will save money yes. If you know how to do body work, paint, and fab work it may be a challenge that you want to take. But, if you will have to pay someone for ALL of the bodywork, engine, interior, and suspension work.....you should run from this one.

I brought mine in about that same condition, I spent 5yrs of restoration, mods, etc and i will tell you it is expensive. Make a list of the stuff you want to do and buy, and get the prices from the Buick websites, don't forget your bodywork stuff (if u cant do it yourself) and the time....this should give you answer if you want it or not. I didn't mind, I learned a lot about GN's from touching every panel, bolt, and part on it during my build...my build is till an ongoing process :) Good Luck!!

Probably 160K miles.

Start with a carfax or equivalent.

Late build car too.

Worth $5000 or so, seats are easy to replace and find.

If it's a Buick built motor it will still have good oil pressure at least 37 psi. at 2400 rpm's even with 160K miles.

Rust is normal for a driven car in that area of the country.

If you can prove the mileage to the dealer low ball them.

Or buy the other one stock and ready to go. :cool:

I would go lower in price...with cash in hand. That car wasn't taken care of. Probably has higher mileage than advertised. If you could pick it up for $5000, it could be a deal. Point out all the rust and rips and tears. Make sure the tranny is a BRF unit. If it starts and doesn't smoke or tick...I'd pick it up for $5000. I was at Al Piemonte Ford years ago and spotted a GN for $13500. It drove better than mine and I looked under the hood and noticed wetness by the exhaust manifold. I talked them to sell it for $5000. Most of the time they are fishing for the impulsive buyer. There are other nice cars out there for a little more. I purchased mine for my wife! It was her dream car. Good luck!

What a pos. Too much money. Thats a parts car. The floor pans rotted through. No known body work? Yeah,Not yet. That thing spent some time outdoors. For a couple to 3 grand more you can get a nice car. Walk away. That car is worth more like $3500.00.

The fact it is still for sale is absurd....I quit trying to even sell it due to a barrage a low ballers haha For 9 grand firm it's a beautiful car. Nothing as tight and crisp feeling in this price range. If you wanna look at it feel free to Pm me. Good luck on your search any who :)

I am definitely interested in it.. I will shoot you a PM.

This here especially is my favorite....

This particular Grand National is in good shape and ready for its new owner. The turbo charged V-6 is in good working order, still providing plenty of the original 245 BHP. The interior has been well used over the years and will need some help to bring it back it original glory. The rear seats are worn through in several spots, exposing the foam padding inside. The door panels are sagging slightly and will need some adjustment. Similarly the exterior needs refinishing. There are small rust bubbles in the rear deck lid, the passenger quarter and the inner driver side wheel well. The paint shows some minor surface scratches that could be buffed out on the A piller, roof, passenger door and deck lid. Please take a look at all the pictures as other damage, not described here, may be present. There is a clean clear title in hand.

I bet they got this car out of someones backyard for less than 3k. It reminds me of my car when I got it home, big rust pile. New floors and some attention to the rust starting on the doors it probably woldn't be bad. Looks like it's been used as a dd most of it's life.

This here especially is my favorite....

This particular Grand National is in good shape and ready for its new owner. The turbo charged V-6 is in good working order, still providing plenty of the original 245 BHP. The interior has been well used over the years and will need some help to bring it back it original glory. The rear seats are worn through in several spots, exposing the foam padding inside. The door panels are sagging slightly and will need some adjustment. Similarly the exterior needs refinishing. There are small rust bubbles in the rear deck lid, the passenger quarter and the inner driver side wheel well. The paint shows some minor surface scratches that could be buffed out on the A piller, roof, passenger door and deck lid. Please take a look at all the pictures as other damage, not described here, may be present. There is a clean clear title in hand.

I bet they got this car out of someones backyard for less than 3k. It reminds me of my car when I got it home, big rust pile. New floors and some attention to the rust starting on the doors it probably woldn't be bad. Looks like it's been used as a dd most of it's life.

So for SnGs, I was able to talk them down to $3k, does that make it worth it?

You can part a rustbucket GN out for 3-4k so in that range you'll never get hurt. Would be cool to see it fixed though.

The way the rear seats are rotted/stained, it looks like it sat outside w/ windows down, got leaves, water, in it. The water soaked the floors, rotted them.
I'd bet:
Several body mts are rotted, the rear window is rotted, the areas at the pinch welds, behind the rear tires, are rotten, yadda, yadda.
As mentioned... A parts car. Certainly NOT a fix'r upper, as an investment.
Another BR549 deal.

Get prices on what it would cost to fix it up and then see if you can find a comparable priced car. Depends on how much work you want to do, the rust issues are enough on that one that I'd pass on it.