Cheap people and turbo buicks

The car hobby and Turbo Buicks aren't for everyone. Like I told my buddy who used to be big into BBC's: A TR is not a good fit for you with current time pressures. Not because you can't do it, but the learning curve can be steep.

Of course, I am happy to help, but have enough projects of my own.

*****Ok.. Lots of truth in this thread. I have a notoriously cheap neighbor. I was changing the oil/filter in the GN and have always used synthetic oil, and a new filter. I don't drive the car that much but the oil was in the car for a year and was driven several times. Neighbor asks if he can have the used oil for his car, a newer model European car. I tell him he can have the old oil but his car probably requires 0W/40 or 0W/20 instead the of 10w/30 I use with added ZDD+ additive. He doesn't care about the oil weight, says it will work fine (probably will, quite honestly) Ok, so I ask how often he changes his oil and he says every 10k which is what the manufacturer recs are. Yea, ok it's his car..

I know some of you are probably thinking "This doesn't seem *that* bad...the old oil from your GN is probably still pretty clean...". So I go inside for a few hours to sit on my ass and watch TV, and come back out and he's now changing the oil on his wife's car, WITH THE OLD USED OIL FROM *HIS* CAR!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

I'm sorry. That's pathological.