Cheap people and turbo buicks

Rick the pool guy

Well here is a little story about a guy and his turbo Buick. I was at a car show 2 years ago and I ran into a guy with a Turbo Buick
Stock everything and it was running rough. So he starts asking questions about his car running rough and I said you should get a scanmaster and check your numbers before you start throwing parts at it .his response was how much and I said 230/250
And he said I'm not spending that.
Right there I knew he was a cheapskate. Then he looks inside my car and sees my Scanmaster he goes you should just let me borrow yours... and I said no ...then I told him the importance of having a scanmaster and how it helps troubleshoot and tune the car he didn't want to hear it.
So fast forward 2years I'm at a local coffee shop and I run into the same guy and he sees me he comes over to talk about his TR and how he has the same problem and how it progressively got worse .so I asked him if he got a scanmaster and he said no (and this is when i snapped) I responded by saying when you lose the motor your going to wish you bought one. And I left.
I can't stand cheap people he will end up destroying that car

LMAO
Had a similar situation about getting a scan tool and I know he wasn't broke or I would have loaned him one.

I am getting much better about "not caring more about the car than the owner does".
Try it . . . . Lol

im stock pilling for a white storm trooper or a rust bucket doo doo brown column shift who knows maybe a rosewood , really want to do a sick sleeper to keep up with NY twin turbo :p:p

The way I see it if you can't afford to take proper care of a T then maybe you shouldn't have one! When I bought mine the first thing I did was find this website. Some of you suggested a scanmaster so I went to Kirbans web site and ordered one. If a guy isn't going to listen to the answer then don't ask the question.

im stock pilling for a white storm trooper or a rust bucket doo doo brown column shift who knows maybe a rosewood , really want to do a sick sleeper to keep up with NY twin turbo :p:p

Once my new build is done, you'll want to be keeping up with my butcher paper white, bench seat, column shift, crank window, push lock, crappy little low 10 sec car. It's going to be a monster, but NY Twins is WAY out of our league, we both know it. ;)

All the respect to him, too.

Attachments

• 192.JPG
    192.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 105
  • 191.JPG
    191.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 97
Last edited:
This is too funny...I have that same person out by me that has an original car that runs crappy, needs bumper fillers, never seen a bit of maintenance etc...had the car for years I see him at car shows he would rather let it fall apart than put a few bucks in it to keep it nice. I tell him to sell it to someone who will fix it since he is obviously not interested in preserving it, he doesn't reply :)

My car is way too slow to look the way it does. ;)

Once my new build is done, you'll want to be keeping up with my butcher paper white, bench seat, column shift, crank window, push lock, crappy little low 10 sec car. It's going to be a monster, but NY Twins is WAY out of our league, we both know it. ;)

All the respect to him, too.
That's right, damn it!
No way you guys will ever spend as much as I do on Mothers billet polish. :eek:

I too have had similar experience with a local GN owner. Guy I know bought a mild modified GN for peanuts from a old GN guru who is very elderly and very sick. The original owner hadn't worked on it or had driven it for a few years and couldn't work on it any longer. And knowing his time was short, he sold it to this knitwit.

I welcomed the new owner to the TR world and ask if he was happy with it. He said -"Yea, it's OK. everyone looks at me when I drive it and gives me the thumbs up. But I'm not as impressed as they are because it's not that fast." then he told me his old STOCK Impala SS was quicker. I looked at his modifications and it clearly was a mid 11 second car! I told him "It should be faster than probably any car you have ever been in. And if it's not, it needs to be looked at and serviced." He told me that he thinks he overpaid for the hype and he didn't want to spend another cent on it.

I wanted to slice his throat. So I walked away.

Yup, they are the ones that blow it up it up and then come here wanting people to solve their issues. When I meet an owner at a show I play dumb and let them tell me about the car. If they have half a brain I'll continue, if they are ignorantthen I move on. No sense wasting my time.

It's amazing how many GN owners have never heard of this site, nor have they heard of the vendors that sell parts for our cars. As for me, I never bought a scanmaster. Never liked the look of it. I bought a used OTC 4000 off eBay. Seems to work fine for me. I do have a scanmaster G now, however.

Man, don’t get me started on this......
I own a automotive repair shop and these cars. I won’t even work on these cars for the public. If you can’t work on the car yourself or pay someone who can, sell the frigin car!!!!

By the way, it’s not just TB owners, it’s all kind of cat “hobbyists”.

Man, don’t get me started on this......
I own a automotive repair shop and these cars. I won’t even work on these cars for the public. If you can’t work on the car yourself or pay someone who can, sell the frigin car!!!!

By the way, it’s not just TB owners, it’s all kind of cat “hobbyists”.

Get into the old 60/70s cars . # 1.. Easiest cars to work on. Those guys are easier to deal with. They can't be bothered fixing anything. They just want to drive it. They could care less about the bill.;)

Get into the old 60/70s cars . # 1.. Easiest cars to work on. Those guys are easier to deal with. They can't be bothered fixing anything. They just want to drive it. They could care less about the bill.;)

Those are few and far between in my area. I try and stay away from all of it. I do occasionally take one on for the right customer, but it’s rare.