Cheap ignition module-better hurry!

GNRick

Retired member
Advance Auto Parts has the BWD with lifetime warranty for $105. Subtract $30 for the next couple of hours, free shipping and tax brings it to $81 shipped!:biggrin:

I ordered one this morning. There is a coupon code at the top of their home page. Enter that in at checkout. Mine was good for $25 off. Picked one up for a spare.

I ordered one this morning. There is a coupon code at the top of their home page. Enter that in at checkout. Mine was good for $25 off. Picked one up for a spare.

Ross what is the Part # ? I can find coil packs and a ECM but not a ign module?

Code is AG20

Thanks. Ordered one for $93.08 with tax and discount. Good deal. I was expecting to pay about $160.00.

I just got mine for $75.00 shipped googled advance coupon codes and found the one "dealio" for $40 off of 100. Way wicked cool.

My local store said they would honor the online coupon. I'm picking up one tonight to see how it plays with the Casper's coil & module tester.

The Casper's tester does not like the BWD module. Notice no spark between the riveted washers. To be fair, I tried two different coils. The one in the picture is a Delco coil. You can see the tester LED is lit.

My assumption is the module may work but you are not getting an identical product. A case of buyer beware, you get what you pay for???

DSCN2487.jpgDSCN2488.jpg

The Borg Warners are hit and miss. I have one that will fry the $h!t out of you but we had to go through 2 or 3 to get one that worked right for Scrobbyd.

I went and ordered one of these. I put it on and the car did nothing but miss and sputter at idle. It checked good on the Advance Auto store tester! These modules would be a great buy if you get one that works.

I went and ordered one of these. I put it on and the car did nothing but miss and sputter at idle. It checked good on the Advance Auto store tester! These modules would be a great buy if you get one that works.

I installed mine over the weekend with no problems the car runs fine. I must have gotten a good one. :)