Charlotte North Carolina

salvageV6

Daily Driver
Anything to do North and outside the city past the airport?
Boating lakes, swimming spots, parks, auto shows? Saturday.

Any recommended places to go downtown on a weekend?

Looking for car shows, technical shows/museums, strip joints, restaurants..... (yeah any of the above, really!) ;)

Something not too fancy no suits and ties for this road trip. :)

Read about some good cigar bars and seafood joints downtown 7th avenue area I believe? :confused:

TIA :cool:

Well, north of the city would be Lake Norman. Plenty to do there. There are lots of good places to eat, seafood and other. There are many clubs for the night life also.

When are you gonna be here?

Tomorrow of course. :D

Prolly check out Lake Norman that must be the big blue thing on the map. :)

Got work people with me too but I'll have my own car. :cool:

Sounds like a good area to check out. Thanks

Salvage you are smack dab in the middle of NASCAR country! How long you going to be there? All the NASCAR drivers are in town as I believe the Winston is next week at Lowes Motor Speedway. Gotta check that out while you are there and a few of the race shops are right nearby too. Hendrick motorsports is just a short distance from the track, Mooresville which is about a half hour away is home to tons of raceshops and a Motorsports hall of fame. Might want to check out DEI in that same town. Can't help you with the strip joints as I only checked out the car stuff.

There is a indoor go-kart track on the south-side(i think---or southwest)----that is a blast.It is kinda expensive---but after you do it-----the money won't matter.EVERY time i come to Charlotte i have to ride the go-karts and eat at Hooter's----Seems like a good time to me:)

Geoff

How come know one mentioned Speed Street in Downtown Charlotte on Memorial day weekend. Ill be down there visiting my brother during that time he works for DEI as a Engine Development Engineer. I went to the Winston last year and had a blast. I would definetly recomend that and a visit to DEI. Tell my brother i said hi! His name is Gene Tataryn.

Hmm, I live here, so something should come to mind, but there's really no big attractions around here, save Lowes Motor Speedway <cough> Nascar Sucks <cough> and Carowinds. A month or so ago there was a HUGE auto show in the speedway, but like I said, a month ago. There are plenty of go-cart tracks around the speedway though. Oh yeah, while I was heading to the parking lot from leaving the show, some guy in a GN peeled out of the lot onto the road really loud, that was interesting, hehe. About the only thing I can think of doing is heading to Lake Norman and renting a boat or waverunner, or something like that. Or if you're a coaster person, Carowinds could be fun too, Top-Gun is great.

P.S. I bet there's plenty more interesting places downtown, but I don't go there much, so I don't know.

Thanks! Just got back.

Decent trip excepting the cold I picked up on the flight down there.

Nice city and state for the most part.

Downtown is nice and Saturday was as HOT as the women down there at the clubs and restaurants.

I think that the Duke Nuke Plant makes EVERYTHING grow bigger down there. I was amazed and of course amused. :)

I will be moving to the charlotte area at the end of this month (september). Is there any places who know the Buick and LS1's in the area? I cant wait to check out the tracks at a lower altitude besides 4500 feet. Anyone have a job for a PATRIOT Missile System Technician;) ???

Originally posted by trbochV6
I will be moving to the charlotte area at the end of this month (september). Is there any places who know the Buick and LS1's in the area?

There are a few people/places in the area that know Buicks or LS1's, but not any that specialize in both.

K.

trbochV6,
Too bad you aren't coming to Charlotte a little sooner. This weekend is the Charlotte Fall Auto Fair at Lowes Motor speedway. When you get down this way, look me up. I live in Rock Hill, SC, just south of Charlotte. My wife and I started a car club called Piedmont Performance GM Association. Anything GM is allowed. You can check it out if you like at www.ppgma.com we show at the Auto Fair each spring and fall, and in October we will be putting on a Poker Run starting in Rock Hill and ending in Indian Trail, to raise money for the Victory Junction Gang. If you are interested, go to the website, or send me an e-mail.

Fred we're a hop, skip, & a jump away from Charlotte, so look me up when you get in town. It will be good to finally meet you.

Hey Mike, havent talked to ya in a while. We definetly need to get together and discuss the future of this car. By the way, I need an external wastegate setup. Can ya hook me up? This mease DP I have doesnt cut it anymore. I will be actually be moving to Gastonia, NC for now. Finally get to turn into country folk:D . See ya soon

fred