Charlotte AutoFair Sept 22-23

NCTyphoon

Alright, As it is we'll have to show both days(Sept 22 &23) to stay in AutoFair. We're down for 10 spots each day.Please let me know if you want Saturday or Sunday or both days. If interest is really lacking in filling spots, I'll withdraw our entry.
So do we continue?

Alright yall,... After receiving only a total of 5 people interested in showing, I've decided to withdraw us from AutoFair. (Yes Monte, I've run out of pedal cars and paper boys. I couldn't even convince the pizza delivery driver to join in) The 2 day show pretty much did us in, it's evidentally just not fun to do anymore. I'd rather withdraw us, than to have us get booted for no shows. At least at some time in the future it would leave the door open to try to get back in, should interest peak again.

Thank you to all who've supported showing the past few years. We wouldn't have lasted this long without your support. Here's a copy of what I sent Rodney(AutoFair Administrator)

Hi Rodney,
After much thought and consideration, I've decided to pull our club,GM Performance Specialties, from Autofair lineup. It's been a tough decision, but getting members to commit in showing has become harder to accomplish. I think the Sat and Sun show requirement pretty much did us in. The vast majority of our members are between 1-5 hrs away from Charlotte, and just can't commit to a 2 day event. It's too much to have to either pay the gas to drive 2 days in a row there, or pay for motel and food, and gas, plus the time off jobs to attend for some.
At this point, I'd rather withdraw our group on good terms, and possibly in the future try again with renewed interest in showing. If the show ever goes back to where we can do a 1 day showing, please let me know.

Thank you for all your help in the past. You & Walt (and the other behind the scenes folks) do an AWESOME job with Autofair!

Cheryl Dahr
GM Performance Specialties

So now you can all plan to sleep in that weekend, and not have to wade through hurricanes, monsoons, tornadoes. Maybe we'll plan a Jordan Lake cookout to celebrate
Cheryl

ty Cheryl for all u have done for us ,,, the GN is still down an i dont drive the TTA enough to have tags on it. Im going tomorrow with my brother to hopefully score some nascar stuff. The Dale SR. decklid I got a few yrs ago was well worth the trip. Had a hard time trying to put it in the GN but me an pat managed

since then he has gotten a few Senior race suits an now a tim richond driver suit to add to his collection

Sounds like a nice collection! I am an old Tim Richmond & Davey Allison fan. Gosh, I'm going to really miss getting up at 4:30am tomorrow morning..it would've been a nice day to go(for once, no rain,hurricane, etc.) Korey has now taken over my GN & Ty. Both are back up and running. Good to hear from you Scott

Scored some longer axle straps to tie down my car on the trailer a KampKold all aluminum cooler from the late 50's an a sign

Cheryl, are you going to try again for this spring 2013 ? I can help with recruiting to make our numbers. Spring usually brings a bigger turnout anyway.

Jim