Charger SRT 8 run down..

groumoutis

My two sons and I were out for a cruise in the GN and I am heading south on US 231 with a Charger SRT 8 behind me. As we came up on a red light he snuck into the lane beside me and as the light went green he nailed it. My youngest 6 years old starts yelling go Dad go. I damn near push the pedal through the floorboard and I immediately start catching him and I catch him pretty fast. I caught him and past him before I hit 70mph. He didn't let up and neither did I. I ended up a few car lengths ahead even after he had the jump on me. That it the second time I have had a Charger race me at the same light. Same result both times.

I ended up turning left about a half mile down the road and the guy pulls up beside me and seemed okay with a little V-6 beating his butt!

My car is pretty much a factory car. The only changes are the RJC power plate, Pipes Race Pro 2.5 exhaust, 160 thermostat and a chip. However the car runs perfectly!

Always fun to hear about kill stories especially on $45,000 V8's but I dont know about racing with kids in the car. Seems a tad reckless, but to each their own.

Well its seems he knew that your car would be quick because he switched lanes, I came across an unsuspecting couple of kids in a hemi charger...not an srt. We took off from the light I had no idea where he waws but I could hear him squealing, i took off. Next light he says "whats in that thing?? :)

Well DUH!!

You think they would know better than to race you on US 231!! :biggrin: