Charcoal canister relocation ?

Brandon#

I just bought a Kirban maf pipe and 9" k&n cone filter and it looks like the charcoal canister needs to be moved. I've noticed that some people have an old ATR relocation kit, but i believe they're out of business now.

How is everyone relocating them now? Please don't say I need to relocate it to the trash, I want to keep it functional.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Also this kirban maf mounting bracket thats supposed to mount to the alt bracket does not look like it will work. Has anyone else had issues with it? instructions with pictures from kirban would have been nice.

take the bolt off the clamp that holds the vent tube down on the frame by the steering box
push the vent line over and put the canister onto the frame
you can move one of the clips at the bottom of the canister and secure it to the frame in the hole the vent was clamped using the bolt you took out of the frame

Does anyone have a pic of their relocated canister? I have tried the method mentioned above, but it doesn't really look all that great being wedged down there by the steering box.

I've read people extend it to hide it behind the fender I think that is what I'm going to do.

I have the ATR relocation kit but it's nothing special. Just a bracket that you attach the vacuum ball to and also the canister via a big hose clamp. You could fab up a bracket out of aluminum. Find someone with an ATR catalog to see what the bracket looks like.