Chapman Stage2 Head Flow Numbers

yipekiya

Turbo Yoda
Ron,

Further to our discussion today attached are the flow numbers if this works.. Stage 2 Bush Heads Chapman CNC Ported

Attachments

• my pictures0002.jpg
    my pictures0002.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 283
Those #'s sound about right to me. We flowed a set and our #'s came out very close to what you posted.

Neal

That appears to be a "decent" set of heads, the best set I have had flowed 351/269 at .700 lift and 28". Looks like your heads may be a bit light on the lower numbers where the camshaft will actually be using them.
Bill Anderson

Originally posted by EightSecV6
That appears to be a "decent" set of heads, the best set I have had flowed 351/269 at .700 lift and 28". Looks like your heads may be a bit light on the lower numbers where the camshaft will actually be using them.
Bill Anderson

Hey bill,

where can I get a set of S2's that flow like that? I need a set like those. Anybody got any? Also, can you look at my thread below this and comment on my proposed S2 setup?

TIA and Eric Rankin says your a good man

You can call Kenny Duttweiler. Get ready to drop some money.
I think my heads and valve train were about $5500.
All brand new and top of the line!
I think the CNC Castings from Chapman are about $3000.

Just for more comparision the set Im running flowed:
330 @ .650 IN
286 @ .650 EX
all @ 28" of water
Im sorry I dont have all the data at the lower lift levels whinch IMHO is more important than the max lift flow. But these heads were very healthy @ lifts above .200. I spent more time on the exhaust side but I hope that intake works well enough:) By the way the valve sizes are:
intake 2.100
exhaust 1.625
If anyone is interested I can bring home my flow sheets and give all the #s up to the .650 in range
jay

Not saying it is impossible but 286 on the exhaust at 28" is absolutely phenominal, you could sell that port design to Chapman for their CNC program and make a fortune!! I have never seen or heard of a S2 exhaust flowing that kind of number, especially at .650
I have found the best flowing heads come from Busch engines, Moroso ported heads(dont know who actually did their work) are the best flowing at all valve lifts (stamped BGN followed by a #)
next are the Busch heads by Howe (as stamped on the end) and also another excellent head is the ones ported by Holmes&Eames (stamped H&E). Find any of these 3 and you'll have a winner.
Bill

HOWE PORTING

I have a set of stg II heads ported by HOWE for sale in parts for sale section , They have 33cc combustion chambers, so turbo pistons would need a larger dish.........only 600.00/set

JEFF WEEKLEY
JWWWEEKLEY@CS.COM

#s

I dont ever put much stock in flow #s due too so many variables. Maybe the exhaust pipe that was bolted to the head for the test was perfect length or maybe they didnt use one or something i dont know. I was not the one to flow them, Jim Oddy's shop did the valve work and the flow bench work. The heads were first done by chapman and all i did was spend about 30 hrs on the exhaust side and about 20 on the intake. Who knows I may have made them worse from what chapman did:) This motor is going into my street car in about 2 weeks. All I hope for is it to run good.
jay