Changing window motors any tips on how to?

AV62NV

im going to try and install new window motors wondering if any one could help with any tips and advice thanx.

my elky had manual windows. Went and pulled the harness and motors etc. out of a regal and installed that. I'm sure your just replacing them though right? your going to have to drill the rivits out of the motor that hold it to the inner door sheet metal. Then either re-rivot them, or do like me and use nuts and bolts with those star looking lock washer do-dads. This way if they fail again, you just unbolt them. Sorry, no pics:)

I understand some older Regal or other Buickwindow motor is much stronger but have never found the actual article. Anyone know about that?
Conrad

Take the door panel off and locate the window motor inside the door cavity. You will notice that the motor is attached via 3- 10 mm bolts. If you look at the sheet metal that covers the motor you can see all of the rivets that attach the motor and regulator assembly to the sheet metal.

In this same area you can see 3 small dimples in the exact location of the motor attaching bolts. Using a large drill bit , place on top of dimples and drill a hole. You will now have access to the attaching bolts. remove the bolts with a 1/4 drive deep 10mm socket. Unplug the motor and replace.

No need to drill any rivets. The above process will take anywhere from 30mins(me) to 1hr.

Louie is right...just did this about a month ago...but I used a small hole saw...need to have a hole big enough for the socket to fit into...there are 2small dimples going inwards towards the inside of the door...like someone used a punch...the third spot is a bigger dimple...actually more of a raised area probably about the size of a nickel but it goes outwards...you can see where to drill by looking inside the door...