changing injectors this weekend, any advice??????

TTAfreak

is there anything special I need to know about changing out my injectors?
it looks very straight forward.

just remove bolts holding down fuel rail and voila!!!!

does the coil pack have to be removed?

any snags I should look for or pay attention to?

thanks in advance
Freak

get some vasiline to lubricate the o-rings on your new injectors...makes em go in and out easier
Make sure when removing old injectors that you have all the old o-rings on them because when you pop the injectors out, sometimes the injector will come out but the o- ring will still be in hole and then when you go to put the new injectors in they might not go in or they wont seat properly and you will have leaks

good luck its easy...just be patient

Originally posted by TTAfreak
Snip....just remove bolts holding down fuel rail and voila!!!!

does the coil pack have to be removed?

any snags I should look for or pay attention to?

thanks in advance
Freak

You will have to take the ignition & coil pack off too, and don't forget to disconnect the fuel line from the FPR. I use motor oil on the injector 'O' rings. Do Not use silicone to lubricate the 'O' rings....Silicone will trash your O-2 Sensor (Don't ask ;) )

While you have the fuel rail off, inspect the injector harness. Then take special care to reassemble the harness, rail and injectors to leave the harness without pinching it in a tight place.

May as well place a fresh PCV valve while you're in that area.

If I can do it, its easy :)

lee

It's a pretty simple job. I just got doing mine not too long ago. I didn't run into any real problems just follow the advise that has been posted and you will breeze through it. I think that was one of the only jobs I have done on my car that I wouldn't mind doing again.