Changing incorrect odometer readings in old title/Carfax

hrodgmc

Is there anyway to change incorrect odometer readings in title records? My car has 79,000 on the odometer. I just ran a carfax, (after a year of ownership b/c I knew the car :rolleyes: )and Carfax says the chassis has 156,903 in 2001.

I've had the rear end apart and the wear is hardly noticeable. The valve body bolts had never been off and no shift kit installed. The motor had been replaced and the interior does not show 150k miles.

I know #'s don't lie, but someone was very easy on this car if it was 150+k miles. Any help would be appreciated.

if your car has 79K on it and it had 150K on it in 01', then now it has 179K since we only have 5 digit odometers. some cars depending on where they were in the country and how well they were kept can have 200K on them and not look like they had over 100

I bought my car from a very honest original owner in 03.The car was garage kept and babied. He had the original title showing only a few miles. When I got the car it had 116k now it has 119k but he kept it in such good original condition with no mods, even original paint, exhaust, etc.so when someone checks my car out I have to convince them its 119k and not 19k. Consider yourself lucky, I checked out cars that were carfax proven to be 40 to 50k and in a lot worse shape than some that were 150k cars. by the way I looked for a gn for 5 years before finding it.

It is near impossible to get the mileage changed. I had a 93 typhoon I bought new and it had 3995 miles in 2000 when I payed it off. The bank made a mistake and transfered the title into my name as 39950 miles and I never noticed it until I went to sell it this year. It now has 20k on it but the title says 39950. I have been fighting for several months but no luck yet. Even though the truck has the 20k on the odometer they said it could have been changed. It hasnt because I am the only owner