Change of plans..deciding to go CARBED turbo LS motor...have some questions

driven87

Ok all said and done i have decided to switch stuff up and start collecting parts to do a LS series motor in the GN. I have access to a LQ4 and an LQ9 and not sure which one i should go with since compression is different and i plan on running straight 93 octane no meth. Either motor will be gone through and get a new set of bearings and rings just not sure which ones are good for these motors or even end gaps yet. So here is where im at in my head so far. My goal is to go mid 9's at mid 140's on straight 93. What are the stock bottoms ends capable of with just an ARP rod bolt upgrade? I plan on running a decent size turbo and going with a CSU carb. Does anyone know what carbed intakes will work with a set of 317 heads? Next question is what oil pan setup should i go with to make it fit in the GN i see alot of guys talking about some kit from jegs? The motor right now does not have any accesories on it i plan on going with an electric water pump. Can i still run power steering in the car by adapting the pump to my steering box? I do not like the look of the alternator sitting so high on the ride side as it looks beat is there any other bracket that puts it lower? What about wiring for this alternator? I beleive msd makes a complete setup to run a carb and the coil on plug igntion setup? What about motor mounts does anyone sell a set to do this swap? i plan on running a TH400 with a PTC convertor in the car. What about turbo ready headers that fit into a g-body? I plan on running a custom turbo cam with a set of ported 317 heads. I'll be sumping the gas tank to redo the fuel system when the time comes. I'm sure im leaving some stuff out i like the ease of a carb and know of a couple people running a blow through setup on other cars and love the way it works. Thanks guys for listening to all my questions im sure there are more in my head i just cant think of them right now.

The lq4 has lower CR.
HP on stock bottom depends on how good the tuner is.
800 isn't out of the question. 600 is common. Meth makes it a lot easier.
Timing is critical assuming you get the AFR right. Think 13-15 at 10-12psi.
Any carb intake for cathedral port heads. Edelbrock uses stock gaskets IIRC. (oring)
Edelbrock has a complete carb kit with ignition controller.
Use stock gn alternator. The LS alt. is controlled by the PCM.
There are several build threads on the first page of this board. Try having a look.
These may fit:
shop.virginiaspeed.com/product.sc?productId=155&categoryId=22

You'll want a big turbo like a 4788 to use low boost.
100k stock worn gaps seems to work.
You can get custom lines if needed for the PS. Just need brackets to put the acc. where you want. Try the vette PS pump with remote reservoir or get a serpentine pully for your pump. They are keyed IIRC.