Champions sorry cylinder heads

Gary

I'm Gary Harris, some of you know me. If you do and you think anything of me would you PLEASE! shoot me if you ever hear that I am thinking about buying anything from Champion Heads. In advance, I thank you.
Gary

Originally posted by ws6formula50
what....no story to go with this rambling???? :confused:
I specifically did not want to ramble. I'll just say this and leave it, after three sets of there aluminum heads, every one screwed up one way or another I should have known better than to buy another set. So, being STUPID! and doing it again, I have nobody to blame but my STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! self. Forget about shooting me IF I buy their products, just shoot me if you see me, I deserve it.
Gary

Originally posted by azgn
sounds like "operator error"
Yeah, I agree with that. The idot "operater" who operates the milling machines at Champion. Actually it may be the idiot designer.
Gary

I have never dealt with Tom at Champion directly. I can say for a fact that he has taken care of a friend of mine in a situation he did not have to. I have had no problems with my heads besides the usual tweaking here and there. My only complaint would be the valve guides and installed spring height on the "R" heads, but putting these in numerical order with the other problems associated with a S2 motor is not a that big of a deal. If you bought your parts from a vendor I would assume they would make machining, and quality issues a "warantee" issue and make it right and leave you out of the loop. What happened with your 3 sets of heads??

"Forget about shooting me IF I buy their products, just shoot me if you see me, I deserve it.
Gary"

Being a little hard on yourself, don't you think...i am sorry to here about your problem, but i guess it goes with the territory of going fast with class

I am surprised to see that they are still having problems, I have had mine for 4 years, I had one wicked crack where the mill was run too deep for the reliefs of the headbolts. They were welded and remachined. No issues since. Knock on wood