Challenge from a 95 Vette owner

GNeric

I've known this guy Mike for about 10 years or so now. I saw him in Wal-Mart last night and he started bragging about the 5 cars he had and told me I should stop by and see them all. I casually told him I just picked up an 87 GN last weekend and he said "betcha I can take it. My speedo goes up to 200mph!". I told him to let me finish the tuning on the ME-R and we'll go to the track, and he said he will catch me on the street. I've seen his Vette and he isn't that great of a mechanic as I used to work with him. The GN I got is loaded with GN1 heads, 224 billet roller cam, big turbo, V2 front mount, 83# injectors, big throttle body, RJC power plate, Vigilante 3200, Lonnie Diers trans, and some other goodies. The last owner knows his stuff and set this thing up right. It's an absolute monster. As soon as we can tangle, I'll post results. I told him we would be heading to the track on the 20 of this month and that's when he said he would catch me on the street.

Also, still no word from the honda boy who made "376 horses to the rear wheels". Guess he got scared off with my old 85 GN. :rolleyes:

?????

damn that REAR drive honda must be a screamer :biggrin: :biggrin:
must be one of those new ridgeline trucks :biggrin: :biggrin:

buickbert

No, it's a civic for sure. He isn't really any threat but is totally into the rice. Last time at the track he ran an 18 or so near 80mph. I think the original thread was "honda threat" 2 or 3 months ago.

I don't even think the vette is a threat as the last owner of my GN has a Z06 and claims this car will kill that vette no problem. I just need to finish the tune and make sure that is true. :D

Hey Eric

Ive heard about your car from Jay

Im sure you will have no problems smoking this guy in reverse in less :eek: :cool:

when are you going to come up and run it here

Johnny

Johnny, I'm going to sort it out before we head up there for Thanksgiving...I hope. I need to get the alky pump installed and finish dialing it in from there. Then all I need is sticky tires for it. I'm thinking about the MT's like what Tom has. I do like the Nitto's though.

"Tangled" with some Pontiac tonight with 4 high school kids in it. Pulled along side of me at 40mph and threw it into neutral and revved it to revlimiter. When we got to the light I told him something's wrong with his car and rolled the window back up. He revved it to limiter again in neutral and when the light changed, he dumped it into gear. I left the light normally and as the road got ready to change into one lane I finally gave it 1psi and left him behind like he went into park. This car will absolutely kill the tires without any boost. Makes lots of torque.