century GN???

yes, both of those are factory original cars. i've seen both of those.

the century is not a turbo car nor was it ever. the riviera is though. it's a hot air car that's fwd.

Century has the GRAND SPORT package not a common car, and dont know of any to compare it to, but it looks decent....

GS

I recently sold my '86 GS . Ther were aprox. 1020 of them made. The paint scheme and interior was real simular to my '86 GN. Nice car but sort of ugly.

Proir to switching to FWD in '82, there were plenty of Turbo Centurys. You could get the Turbo V6 in any model except wagons. Turbo Century

The '84 Turbo Riviera convertible is THE rarest production Turbo Buick I know of.

Yup, a teacher at my old high school drove one of those Century's with the GN style interior and emblems.

Never actually seen a LeSabre GN, but I have seen a few LeSabre T's and T-Type's as well as a Century T-Type at the local salvage yards.

We also have a guy here in town that has a legit Riviera Convertible with the turbo engine..it's Burgundy with a lt/tan interior and white top. Wouldn't have known it except the front turn signal lenses are amber instead of the regular clear. All Riv turbo cars have the amber turn signals up front under the headlights. Wouldn't have known that except for Eric Fisher tellin me...he's got a bunch of those things.

I think it looks kinda cool,I'd buy one for a daily driver.The wheels are the only questionable feature IMO.Also make a cool autocrosser with mods to play with the ricers heads.Even be neat to see someone convert one to RWD.

1986 LeSabre GN

There was 119 1986 LeSabre GN's built. All black but one. One was Red. The 86 GN was built to get by a ruling in Winston Cup. Buick gained over 50+ horsepower by adding a close-out to the rear quarter glass. The car was stock 3.8 non-turbo. Gray interior with the 6 emblem. The cars were all sold to Select 60 Dealers and the Red one went to a Race team...I forgot who,,,He raced the Miller Car.

The Century was a Gran Sport as stated in another post. Stock 3.8 non turbo. Y-56 suspension. Nice car. I thought it loked pretty good.

Mark Alward

86 LeSabre GN

I had to review each and every car. They were all in a warehouse just North of the engineering building. I was checking the fit of the quarter glass and for any mis-builds. I was a long couple of days, in and out of these. Neat car. Boring wheels.

Mark Alward

Mark,

Do you have any documentation on the LeSabre GN I could add to that webpage?

When I spoke with Steve Pasteiner, who worked on the design, he said they were converted at Lloyd Buick in Daytona. But he also said he thought production was about 30. Maybe 30 were done there for the big race and the rest in Michigan?

If anyone's interested, here's the Century GS emblem:
http://home.flash.net/~rjgeorge/images/86gsemblem.JPG

thats interesting about them being made in Daytona. There used to be one in poor condition located just west of the Speedway. It was the only one I have ever seen.

86 LeSabre GN

I would think the only thing done at LLoyd Buick in Daytona would have been a marsheling place for Dealer pick-up or transportation during race week. All of the 86 Gn were built in Flint. Buick City even installed the quarter glass close-outs. I'm having dinner with my old boss Larry Baker, Manager of Vehicle Activities at Buick during that period, and with a few other I worked with. I'll bring this up and get a better understanding. During the time of the 86 GN I just started at Buick. I'll see if I can come up with any stuff for your site. Have you every visted the Buick Research Center in Flint? Interesting place.

Steve Pastiner is a pretty neat guy. I have been to his shop. We rode over to his son's shop on Woodward Ave, Autozone. I'm not sure if he has done much with Buick lately. The last that I knew of was the Buick Blackhawk. The was under the direction of Mike Doble (now retired, but better known for the GNX).

Mark Alward

I haven't made it to the Research Center yet, but I might try this summer. It's not too far from Chicago.

Here is Steve's website:
http://aatcars.com/

I'm hoping he will send some drawings of a 1988 LeSabre GN. :)

1988 LeSabre GN?

I can not remember anything about a 1988 LeSabre GN. I do know that a comapny called AVC was pushing a version of the LeSabre. They would bring in this White LeSabre T-type trying to sell thier ideas.

After The GNX, Buick didn't have much interest in the name. They had to buy rights to use it anyway.

Cool Website. You should make it to Flint this summer for the Buick Anniversary Celebration.

Mark Alward

Hello,
I can see this is an old post but thought I would try anyway. I have a 1986 LeSabre Grand National and was looking for any information I can find on the car. There is so little info available and a lot of that is in question. Seems like some here know about the car. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks -Peter