Centers of the two-piece Alumastar wheels

d0n_3d

Boost is good.
Does anyone know how the centers of the two-piece design Alumastar wheels come off? I took out all the gold screws and the center won't budge. I was wanting to get them powdercoated black but may not be able to??? Or are they not supposed to come out?

I've removed my centers before to polish them, I just removed the grade 8 bolts also. You may need to tap the centers with a mallet to loosen them...John

They came out. I used a rubber mallet and a thick rag and hit each spoke carefully and the whole center popped out. Those suckers are almost pressed in. Thanks for the good advice!

Good Deal...I've had Alumastars on every race car I've owned, I usally remove the centers in the winter to clean the wheels really well. Once you get the wheels back from powdercoating, post some pics if you don't mind. I'm gonna be putting some new wheels on my GN this spring and was thinking of going with Alumastars or Billet Specialties Street Lites. I've been searching around looking at different pics of wheel and tire combinations, I've haven't seen to many GN's with Alumastars. To many choices...John

WARNING!!!!

i tried to do what your doing and you have to make damn sure you have it done right. a friend tried to help me out and f-ed up my wheel and almost my car. Be careful when doing this and make sure you have the right bolts. This isnt worth skimming on and take your time!!

I saw a Mustang at the track with the outer part flat black and the inside still polished it looked so cool on the Aluma Star 2.0 I just don't think the 10'' deep rear would look good flat it would be to much black. :frown: I know the front would look awesome.

WARNING!!!!

i tried to do what your doing and you have to make damn sure you have it done right. a friend tried to help me out and f-ed up my wheel and almost my car. Be careful when doing this and make sure you have the right bolts. This isnt worth skimming on and take your time!!

It's no problem. The guy I brought the centers to said he's done wheel centers like this before. He said he would mask off the center edges where the cap goes through and also mask off the outer edges of the center piece where it presses into the wheel. I'm confident he will do a good job and I've seen the work they do, it looks awesome!