Cecil county rainout?

Don 231

Hello, I am planing on going to cecil county raceway either fri or sat and was wondering if it will be held rain or shine?

Weather looks good for Fri. and a chance of rain Sat night. There was a little rain at last years event and it still went on. They sprayed the whole track and return road with VHT .

Friday is grudge racing and Saturday looks like a Buick event right? I got off Friday, maybe I will go watch as I don't have a car to run. I'll see if I can get one or two of my friends to go.

Steve

What they've done in years past is to assume the event is a go, have everyone show up at the track, and then hold everyone at the gates if it's raining or threatening until they either proceed or declare it a rainout. They don't schedule a rain date so if it's rained out that's it. Last year on Saturday they lost about an hour getting the track dried and sprayed, but the day was overcast and in the 60's all day long and the cars were flying in the cool air. Lot's of people equaled or improved their personal best et's - Cecil is the quickest track in this area.

Originally posted by Sr2003
Friday is grudge racing and Saturday looks like a Buick event right? I got off Friday, maybe I will go watch as I don't have a car to run. I'll see if I can get one or two of my friends to go.

Steve
See the flyer in the Events Forum for full details. Friday 9-5 is Buick only test and tune, Friday 5-11 should be their normal test and tune, and Saturday is Buick only qualifying and eliminations (non-Buick powered will be able to test and tune on Say but there are usually less than 10 of these).

I'd feel weird showing up before 5 and not owning a TR. I'll prolly get there around 5ish and stay till close. I'll be a spectator, as I don't think my 94 Z71 is going to set any land speed records.

Steve

Originally posted by ijames
They don't schedule a rain date so if it's rained out that's it!

So carl, based on that, if Saturday is a TOTAL WASHOUT (likely)
those of us like myself who paid IN ADVANCE can expect a REFUND check in the mail??????

Brian

Yes. I think it was last year that I preregistered for Friday and Saturday and then couldn't make Friday, and I got a refund. If you really want confirmation of all that, give Doug Ross a call.

thank god its not going to rain been looking forward to this event for a long time :d

jim

ps i will be making a video for this event il just have to find a place to host it, we are runing our car both days on friday im runing it and on saterday my dad will be runing it :D, hope to see every1 there

Originally posted by ttypewe4jim
thank god its not going to rain been looking forward to this event for a long time.

I hope it's good too,I've got a seven hour drive to get there.:)

So carl, based on that, if Saturday is a TOTAL WASHOUT (likely)

You could just foward that to me & end this BS.

300.00 Thats it....
BTW: It's Oct...

jim

Originally posted by JRSGN
300.00 Thats it....
BTW: It's Oct...

>>> October can only mean one thing, in three weeks I'll be out T&Ting for Chuckles.............and $300 buys alot of Chuckles:D