catylytic convertor

pisano

my car has no mufflers just a catyltic convertor. is it ok to just cut it off? i dont know if its even good anymore, maybe its plugged up? will the car get louder? im in michigan so no tests.

mine's gutted, and the car wasn't too loud even after i cut of the rotted out stock muffler and ran it with no muffler at all..
the turbo is a pretty effective muffler all by itself.

yea mine isnt too loud without mufflers but i thought maybe the cat was helping it be more quiet what does gutted mean? its basically hollow now?

yeah, a gutted cat is one that has had all the stuff knocked out of it.. mine was gutted when i got the car, and i only found out it was when i unbolted the exhaust to pound a chunk of rebar thru it to gut it.. the cat in my brother's 99 Dodge Ram decided to start gutting itself piece by piece and clogged itself up tight..

pisano said:
my car has no mufflers just a catyltic convertor. is it ok to just cut it off? i dont know if its even good anymore, maybe its plugged up? will the car get louder? im in michigan so no tests.

Mine was gutted when I bought it. I kept it but run a strait pipe through it for appearance only. Don't really know what difference it makes either way.

Casey Jensen said:
Mine was gutted when I bought it. I kept it but run a strait pipe through it for appearance only. Don't really know what difference it makes either way.

I also installed a hooker cat back exhaust with dual mufflers and exhaust. Sounds much better.

just gut it like posted above. other then that you can get a test pipe if you want