Catalytic Converter

VIRGIN87T

More Boost
I need to get my car smogged this week sometime and since the car barely passed last time, the mechanic said that I would probably need a new cat before i had it done again. What is a good cat that bolts on to the stock exhaust. Is there any high-performance ones out? Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

I just bought a cat. this week. I purchased mine from ATR...it was a little pricey at $195, but it is supposed to be a direct bolt in and the customer service was really good (I'm on a good customer service kick this year). Here are a few other places that carry converters:

Kirban's
Poston's
Quad-Air (Red Armstrong)-this unit only works with a THDP

I have some other company names, but the list is at work. I'll grab them tomorrow...if I make it out of bed in the morning :).

Most of the converters were priced around $170. I don't know how any of these converters are performance wise...my plan is to bolt the converter on for emissions testing and them remove it. It will be a pain, but I'm kind of paranoid about my car running rich and burning the converter out. Hope this helps a little.