Catalytic Converter

LXXXVII

Looking for an original catalytic converter for a <10k mile 1987 GN
Gutted is preferred. Must be in grade A shape. Shipping to Chicago suburbs or will pick-up locally (preferred).

I have one, not sure it is considered to be grade a condition. But it is an original

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have this one not original but it is new!
ccc2e85d275da91243f9fd84511aab44.jpg

$175 shipped

The one I have looks factory on the out side but has been gutted on the inside. It has a 3-inch on one end to accept the down pipe.

I will take some pictures if interested. I am in 40229.

The one I have looks factory on the out side but has been gutted on the inside. It has a 3-inch on one end to accept the down pipe.

I will take some pictures if interested. I am in 40229.
Yes I am interested. The 3" on the down pipe end...is that for a stock set-up? Or is the 3" larger than stock? Sorry for the remedial question, I am learning throught this process.

Very interested. What do you mean by not original?

This Cat is an aftermarket cat Poston sold these years ago. It will accept a stock down pipe of 2-1/2" and will fit in the same place as a stock converter. Has the four bolt flange and gasket to bolt right in. It is not an original converter but it is better flowing and fits in stock location. I haven't used this cause in PA here once we get Classic / Antique tags we are exempt from emissions.

This Cat is an aftermarket cat Poston sold these years ago. It will accept a stock down pipe of 2-1/2" and will fit in the same place as a stock converter. Has the four bolt flange and gasket to bolt right in. It is not an original converter but it is better flowing and fits in stock location. I haven't used this cause in PA here once we get Classic / Antique tags we are exempt from emissions.

Thank you. Couple comments / questions... I too an exempt from emissions in Illinois. The condition is exactly what I am looking for but I am slightly hesitant since it is aftermarket. I have a 9k mile car and just purchased the reproduction exhaust from Highway Stars. My goal is to present a stock / period correct GN. In your opinion, does the Poston CC you have fit this goal? Thanks. -Larry

The banged up converter that is pictured above with the duct tape on it is what an OEM one looks like. This one if a Turbo Buick guy looks under the car will notice that this is not OEM. Anybody else will not know the difference. Look at the picture I posted and look at the Original one they are not the same. This converter will fit right in and is new.

The banged up converter that is pictured above with the duct tape on it is what an OEM one looks like. This one if a Turbo Buick guy looks under the car will notice that this is not OEM. Anybody else will not know the difference. Look at the picture I posted and look at the Original one they are not the same. This converter will fit right in and is new.

Thank you. At this point in my search, I'm going to keep looking for an OEM. If things change, I'll let you know.
Appreciate your input re: differences.