Caspers knock Gauge Vs Powerlogger ???

turbo96max

So I made it out to the track after years of messing with the car . It finally made some clean passes.

e85 120# 26-28 psi on the gauge
on old 17 inch street drag radials and 0 vac launches made 11.3 @ 123 w 1.98 60ft.

I noticed something ODD. The caspers gauge was turning RED on pretty much the whole pass. but the PL did not pick up any knock not did the chip pull any timing.

I am not familiar with the knock gauge as it was installed when i got the car.

Are they both using the same sensor to track knock?
I noticed a sensor on the intake manifold and one on the back of the block? Can anyone tell me what each sensor does?

Reason im investigating is bc knowing about plenty of guys running more boost. I turned the boost up to 32-33 psi on my last run . The log looks clean , no knock, afrs 11.3s with one weird spike where it leaned out for one frame rate which im thinking is just an error in the tool, but the gauge did the same thing pegged red , and that pass at 33 psi I blew a headgasket. Last cyl on the passenger side.

any thoughts?

likely something banging around on the launch or 1-2 shift. look at your log at the knock counts.

many chips have knock retard delay or ignore. but the knock counter will tell you whats happening when.

Bob

I think you're using one of the SD chips, so make sure the knock ignore feature is set up correctly.
Eric

Eric. That is correct. Im using the SD chip. Weird that i got some knock on the gauge initially after you reflashed it for more fuel. But the pl log didnt show it. I guessed it was false knoc bc it knocked red during buildjng boost not at peak boost. What setting is the ignore and what should it be set to? Im thinking if the gauge is indeed picking up knock and the log doesnt show it. Thats the issue right there.