Caspers Knock Gauge; Question/s

Jan Larsson

I got Caspers Knock Gauge (early version I guess) and got two minor issues I'd like to address (functions ok so cosmetic stuff really).

I got the version with the I guess on/off green LED (so the one with white face pictured) and find this LED too bright and a bit irritating when driving at dusk/night ... I guess Casper changed this as the latest model they have on the web site does not have this LED anymore .. see picture of the black face gauge.

Is there a way to open the gauge and either remove the LED or just dim it with a resistor?

And while opening it up I can then sort my other "issue" which involves removing the turbo 6 logo in there ... just like to make it a bit more plane jane for my TTA lol

Anyone opened up one of these gauges and if so how can this be done easily? Any advice appreciated :D

Attachments

• 31NS91iRuKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    31NS91iRuKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 174
  • 102001-320.jpg
    102001-320.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 204
i use a piece of electrical tape trimmed to fit and just cover the lower half of the gauge blocking that annoying lamp

the new ones the lamp is still there but no hole so the led makes the knock leds glow , i dont care for that looks like a dental xray of teeth at night

just get a piece of white vinyl sticker and cover it up

Thanks that would be one option; but would look cleaner if I could take it apart and do it that way.

i use a piece of electrical tape trimmed to fit and just cover the lower half of the gauge blocking that annoying lamp Buick parts

the new ones the lamp is still there but no hole so the led makes the knock leds glow , i dont care for that looks like a dental xray of teeth at night

just get a piece of white vinyl sticker and cover it up

Thanks for the reply, I have the same case in my car, is there any other option on how to lessen the light?