Cash racing

Mr. Michael

Hey gents. Years ago the street scene was pretty stout in the Chicago area. Sioux trail, Flossmore ? Several other good spots regularly attended after meeting up at Dukes Drive-in & bench racing till late.

That still going on? I hear of a spot in Elwood? Over by Route 66 drag way... Ring a bell with anyone? I see plenty of burnout-boxes out behind the trucking joints on the cement streets... Looking for a glimpse. Anyone have a idea?

I am sure there is some stuff still going on there but I remember the good old days... No longer you can race at the stock yards, long gone after they gated the entrance.. Now days most of have much more responsibilities and me personally... more Chicken shit. The track seems more appealing. However it's in our blood and if the opportunity arises ...pedal to the metal if there is an opportunity to run someone. We got caught drag racing in the corn fields few years ago and we were lucky that we got out of it.. That was a wake up call.

Prasad

Welp alright. I have a quick littl small block Dodge I wanted to use to pay for my mods bills... But I get it. Its not the same as the 'ol days. And from where I am at (in the middle of the corn) you even mention running for cash & the kids look at you like you are from outta space. And the ones that do say yes dont pay when they lose. That was why I traveled to Chicago even way back when. There are always lots more playah's in the big city.

It still goes on, my recent experiences with it are south..like Peotone south. The scene has gotten super shady.

Many grudge events are at Da Grove and US 41. Street racing is falling to the wayside. Thank the internet....