Carpet replacement, where to get.

Yedi

ya, the Monte over there.
last spring I put in new carpet in my 83 from JC Whitney, I got grey. ( looked prety good) but now after my heater core went this summer ( under passenger floor mat lots of antifreze), and the fact that I trimmed it too short in spots I want to replace it with a black carpet. Where is the best place to find replacement carpets for our cars? thanks!

If your interested in a mint OEM one, I might consider selling the one I removed from my race car (I'm the original owner) before I put a roll cage in. Car had about 12,xxx - 13,xxx miles on it when it was removed. Its been stored in a plastic bag all these years. (no wear or stains. I also have one from a much lower lower mile car too.

Email directly if interested joeh@hbscomputers.com

Joe

thanks for the help 84GNTTYPE, I think GNX Guy is going to hook me up. I'm just not satisfied with the aftermarket carpet thats out there. Maybe one day someone will make a factory replacement with the rubber on the back and no trimming needed......

Rubber Backing

Originally posted by Yedi
thanks for the help 84GNTTYPE, I think GNX Guy is going to hook me up. I'm just not satisfied with the aftermarket carpet thats out there. Maybe one day someone will make a factory replacement with the rubber on the back and no trimming needed......

Actually, the rubber backing is available on our carpets for $60 more. It costs more to do them that way and that's what they charge us for doing it. So, instead of $129.95 delivered to you door, it would be $189.95 delivered with correct rubber backing. Our carpet is definitely NOT ACC.

Alan

Things we make

Originally posted by Yedi
thnaks Alan, I didnt know you gys made that.

Your welcome. We have lots of things we make that you probably don't know about. We have several things in development right now that should be available very soon that we believe are very interesting. Some are restoration items (i.e., reproductions of discontinued pieces) and others are accessory items (such as logo valve stem caps and license plate screws).

As soon as our banner is up on this site, just click on it to check for specials and the new items.

Thanks again.

Alan

Well I tried to order replacement carpet from Car Motorsposrts. After 4 attempts to get what I ordered, I finally got close, they did not include the Jute backing on my rubber backed carpet. I won't go into the details of what happened since all the screw ups on what was shipped was not the fault of Car Motorsports, but the manufacturer who drop shipped the carpet to me. However, I will say that dealing with Alan has got to be one of the worst sales experiences of my life. He does not return phone calls, it took me 3 calls just to place an order, he was pleasent on the phone when I finally got through to him, since he does not return phone calls very promptly. Once the order was place I had to track him down again to find out when it woudl ship and get the tracking number, another disaster. he promised to call me back, never did, when I called him, he said, I had nothing to tell you thats why I did not call you back. The carpet arrived before he was able to get me a tracking number! Of course it was not what I ordered, Called Alan, said he woudl take care of it, second carpet arrived, wrong again, third time almost right, missing the jute. The issue is not with the quality of the product but the quality of the salesman, Car Motorsports has some great products, just be prepared to help Alan do his job. If you are luck you will get to deal with one of the other members of Car Motorsports who seem to be able to live up to their word when they promise a call back or a delivery. Alan has issues with returning phone calls or following through on his promises. If you know this going into an order with him it is not so bad, he will eventually get you the info you request and pobably the correct product for what you ordered.

wwwwwwwwOW -
Alan, rebuttal? I was tinking of ordering a new carpet set and car cover.... please respond.

Do not let my post prevent you from ordering form Car Motorsports, that was not my intention. The carpet is great, the experience of the order was not. As a matter of fact, Alan promised me a phone call this past Friday to tell me when UPS would be by to pick up the 3rd carpet that was sent, (sent without the rubber backing), and he did not call. I am only pointing out that Alan is not much of a salesmen. However, one of the owners, don't have his name in front of me, took one of my calls and promised to get things straightened out. He called me back as promised and had the delivery info he had promised for the 3rd delivery.

I am just trying to infom you that dealing with Alan can be an experience, but the products are very high quality.

I was thinging of ordering new carpe an dfloor mats also,,I replied to a thread that he was responding to and havee not hears anything ....
I have emailed him thru Ebay ,,but it came back rejected for some reason:(

finally got all the parts, and will installl it next week. Quality is very god, price is good, only getting it was the tough part.
Alan's email is:alan@carmotorsports.com.

good Luck.

I would not hesitate to do business with them again, My experience is probably not normal, and as I said, after all was done and said, the qaulity, fit and finish is very good, price good too. I had ordered the rubber backed carpet with the heal pad, really quiets the car down.