Card Rebuild Kit question

flyfisherwiz

Is there a special rebuild kit that one should purchase for the turbo quadrajet carbs? Should I even attempt to rebuild myself or use a service? If a service, anyone know of any service/person that they would recommend? If I do myself are there any tips and/or tricks anyone has or any special advice I should be aware of??

I am Pulling the engine and tranny out of my turbo Le Sabre tonight...progress is a beautiful thing! Gonna do the full teardown and overhaul of the motor, need to find a kit for that yet too, and send tranny out for service ... new gaskets and seals ... wish I had more hours available to work on this project ... I could quit fly fishing? (Now you know what has been interfering with my working on the car!)

The carb has a number stamped on it that you'll need to get the right kit. It's on the drivers side of the carb from the top to the bottom. If you're unsure of how to do it you can get another person to do the work for you but I'd honestly say get a good book on the Q-jet and read it first. Rochester carburators by Doug Roe is a good one and you should be able to find it without to much problem.