Carb vs Sheet Metal Intake

fxdxlr8

I have a converted carb intake on a on-center Stage 2. The injector bungs seem to be poorly installed. The middle runner is lower than the other and that injector sits so low that the O ring barely touches the fuel rail. If that bung was raised the injector would be completely out of the intake tract and shrouded. I have two other manifolds not yet converted and the middle runner on those is also a fair bit lower than the ones on either side of it. Is this a common problem? Is it worth fixing? Should I consider a sheet metal intake rather than trying to fix this? Does anyone have one for sale? Are Wilson or Hogan the best choice?

This is a little hard to picture without actually seeing it, but maybe posting some pics would help. I assume it is an Edelbrock Victor SII? I have one as well, and checked my bungs with a straightedge which are all level. I do not have a spare injector to see how deep they sit in the bung or intake tract. I could take pics of how my bungs are mounted, how tall they are, etc. I imagine your intake could be saved, maybe with the one bung moved, and maybe the fuel rail lowered in order to get all the now-level injectors to seat correctly. Too much work for the $? Possibly.

Wilson and Hogan are both some bada$$ intakes. You should be able to search those names on here and see some sick, sick parts. If you have the cash, go for it.

Quite happy with our Hogan.

STAGE 2 CAR 014.jpg

Kelli Cox

intake

If you want to sell yours, pm me a price. I was about to send one out to be converted.