Carb GN

gr8regal

How much power can easily be had with edelbrock intake and a 4 barrel carb. No turbo, injectors or cam sensers. Just plan and simple. Any ideas. Had a 84 and what a pain. If I had a 86 or 87 i would up grade but this hot box is a pig.

Your telling me you've never thought about throwing that whole thing in the trash and go back to carb. Mine fustrated me to death.

I'd say that with a 4 bbl intake and carb you'd be way over carbing a 3.8L that was NA and it'd be a dog. The 4.1s came with a 4 bbl, and they only made 125 HP I believe compared to the 3.8's 110 stock, and the 3.8 has less cubes. without boost to back a stock 3.8L motor up it's fairly gutless IMHO.

I had an 84 that spent more time being repaired or stolen then I did driving it.

I just looked at it like a big puzzle. Everytime something broke I upgraded it. I never once thought about tossing the motor and throwing a carb setup in it.

gr8regal

I feel you man. It's cross my mind a couple of times. (carb)
These cars could be a pain in the rear, but when you hear the rumble of the V6 turbo it will put a smile on your face.:D
To get that Buick to run N/A on the carb and intake will will need to upgrade the rearend gears of the car and mill, port the stock heads and add a cam to the combo. The car will run a lot stronger and will be an easier fix. If you want more power there is always NOS.:eek:
Good Luck!!