car won't start!!!

bad six

Yesterday was driving home and car just died no boost just idling and then nothing, tried restarting but nothing, just cranks. Towed it home worked on it today no spark, so I changed Crank Sensor checked all the fuses they are fine tried cranking it over still nothing but I do have spark now, and it smells like fuel I am thinking that the relay is acting up for the fuel pump because when you turn the key on you can hear the fuel pump running all the time with key on, isn't it supposed to pressurize the system then stop, O.K key on fuel pump pressurizes then you shouldn't be able to hear it right, the
fuel pump is constatly running is this normal? checked cam sensor cap it looks good, as well as the little screw on top, I recently changed the oil pressue light sending unit but the wire connector was all mangled so I pulled it off and just connected the wires to the sensor could I not have the wires on the right terminals, or could this be a bad ignition module???? I am lost please help :mad:

I wouldn't worry too much about the fuel pump constantly running. As long as it's running you should be getting fuel pressure, so I'd troubleshoot why it's always running later. You are getting FP right? If you don't have a gage, the easy (but not quite precise) way to check is just push in the middle of the schrader valve on the fuel rail.

You are getting spark, so that's good.

The next step would be to see if you're getting injector pulse. Buy a noid light from Auto Zone (~$3), install it on the fuel injector harness and see if it blinks during cranking. If it doesn't then you need a new Ignition Module.

If none of this helps, do a search here and on TBS and make sure you consult Steve Woods' site: http://vortexbuicks-etc.com/troubshootgeneral.htm