Car won't go into any gear. Acts like it's in neutral.

Jordan_J

Okay so long story short. I was driving the car to a friends house and was probably 500 feet away and decided to show him a quick launch. I built up maybe 2 psi boost and launched. The tires spun for a second grabbed and then I heard a clunk noise that wasn't too loud. All of this was within maybe 50 feet. Now the transmission doesn't feel like it goes into any gear the motor just revs up and I can push the car forward in any gear like it's in neutral.

I checked the shift linkage and it appears fine.

The fluid level is topped off. Actually, it has had a leak between the TC and bell housing so I keep fluid in the trunk just to make sure and I topped it off while at his house just to make sure.

I'm going to tow it back to my house soon but I want to know some advice to what exactly I'm looking for.

I don't know much about transmissions but the trans was built for 700-750hp by Mike Kurtz and only has 3700 miles on it. The only parts I know to check are line pressure for the front pump and the torque converter. Could it also be the rear end though?

either the input shaft or you couldve blew the converter. Same exact thing happened to me and it was the converter

Thanks fella's! I'll check the shaft when I pull the tranny. I just hope it's nothing too serious.