Car won`t run with GNX style dash & FAST

6banger

Slower Traffic Keep Right
I`ve installed an aftermarket GNX style dash in my `87 T Type and now the car only runs for a few seconds after starting. I plug in the factory dash and the car runs fine:confused:

As in a previous post I thought that there was an issue with the GNX style dash and the older FAST system, which my car has. The only wires I didn`t have in place prior to my checking to see if the dash works are the electrical to the oil/water temp sending units and the bulb for the "Security" which never came on anyway.

I don`t know what it may be, everything on the GNX dash seems to work fine, volt light, tach, indicator lights for the turn signals, and brights. the car will start, run for a few seconds and then die. It starts right back up, but then again dies. I know the fuel pump is running as I can hear it.

Thanks,
Jim

I just now saw your reply and I appreciate it ;) The truth is I thought I had another post out there somewhere, but couldn`t remember. :redface: I saw the reply in this forum from "sixbanger" and he stated he had the same setup with no issues, I figured this was the post I put up and gave the install a shot.
It`s my fault, I must be getting old :( I believe that was the issue I remembered reading about. I`ll get on it tomorrow. Any additional advice is always welcome. Thanks for the info to the sticky also, and by no means did you waste your time, I wasted mine by not finding your reply.

Thanks again,
Jim