car will not start - Accel Gen 7 newbie

19mutantx87

Blew head gaskets on car. Replaced head gaskets on car. Everything went back together. Car now coughs on initial key turn and then just cranks away for ever. Go back to it a couple hours later, and gives a nice cough\try to start on initial key turn, then cranks away for ever. New Delco R43TS plugs, fresh 93 octane gas, set cam sensor at 25 degrees after TDC (on the nose). My Accel gen 7 readings when cranking the car; RPM = 0, Spark=0.0, MAp=43.55, ECT=72, HEGO=0.47, o2FBK=0.0 (these are the parameters at bottom of screen). The calmap guages; coolant temp=74, MAP guage=-7.8, intake port temp = 72, fuel injectors pulse width ms=2.9. Battery voltage is at 12.89 and when cranking fluctuates down to @10.5. ANYONE with information or input would be GREATLY appreciated at this point. I am at a loss. Does anyone have a base configuration to start from for a basics to go from. The car is highly modified but, could use a good know base config just to get it running. ANY AND ALL INFORMATION|GUIDANCE would help.

My car is pretty much stock but that whole cough thing sounds like something I just went through. The screw that holds the interrupter ring underneath the cam sensor cap was loose and the car would not start cause it was no longer in sync with the shaft,don't know if you have this set up still but it might not hurt to take the cap off and give it a peek.

My car is pretty much stock but that whole cough thing sounds like something I just went through. The screw that holds the interrupter ring underneath the cam sensor cap was loose and the car would not start cause it was no longer in sync with the shaft,don't know if you have this set up still but it might not hurt to take the cap off and give it a peek.

Thank you....I will take a look at that. It is something trivial that is causing the car not to start. Car is a highly modified street car. I want to get it running on a base configuration, of DFI, so can tune from there. I will let you know what I find under the cam sensor. I appreciate your input. :)

Make sure you plugged the crank sensor in. Check grounds. Is the orange wire coming off the positive battery cable plugged in? Go to the diagnostic screen. Does it show cam and crank signals while cranking? If yes hit F2 for VE table. Does the cell move while cranking . It should move a little especially when it coughs. If not map sensor is not picking up signal. Check hose going to map and wiring.