car was stolen now it smokes bad!!

84turbogn

I will get in the 12's
The guy I sold my car to just got it stolen last night. It had a coolant leak and was ran with no water. Now it smokes real bad. What could be the problem? No coolant is in the oil. Runs but not that good. White thick smoke. Oh the bastards were trying to get somewhere and a cop was convieniently behind them and tried to pull them over, they didn't get too far before the car started smokin bad so they bailed and got away!!!!!!!!!!! None of the cops knew what kind of car it was and didn't know why we were so upset about the chevy!:mad: :mad: Keep your babbies safe!!! these cars are too easy to steal! Sittin at the store!!!!!

I know it ain't good for sure. Anyway to tell for sure without taking it apart? Thanks

Could be the

Could be the turbo. They weren't concerned about boost or knock so anything can be the problem. Hope for the worst and maybe it won't be so bad.

Ahh didnt see the white thick smoke part. Yep, not turbo, sounds like coolant/water. If it was turbo there would be oil burning out the exhaust.
Do a compression test. Head gaskets dont alway break where water mixes with oil. Look carefully though, might be start of a choclate milkshake in there.
When you [probably] take your heads off check for cracks also.

well the car is at a shop of a friend of a friend who did a turbo on an eclipse:( :confused: :( .. I hope my old cars not destined for desaster!! If it gets done right i'll be impressed!! althogh the eclipse did run good for what it was. I think the shop is questionable but he wont take my advice. They said somethin about adding a turbo for 600 bucks.(twin turbo) He wont take me with him to the shop so I can meet the guy. It's in his hands now, oh he also bought my v2 intake and they are going to put it on at that shop. I have a feeling the car will end up at the shop I advised him to go to. They are pricey but I know for sure they know what they are doing and are going to do it right. Its too bad for him if he has to pay double!! Thanks for the help. Hope he listens to the advice. take it easy

is it also smoking really bad out the breather tube in the valve cover? the 84 T-Type i got 2 weeks ago (only 56,000 miles and got it for $2000) sat for 12 years because it missed really bad and blew white smoke out the tailpipe and also out the breather. turns out, the head gasket was blown on cylinder number 6 between the cylinder and the lifter valley. all the compression was blowing under the intake and out the valve cover. put 2 new head gaskets in it, and have put almost 1000 miles on it with no real trouble to speak of..

might try to sell it and make some quick $$$, but it drives SOOOOO nice..

Sorry to hear it....

I live in the Springs... if you want me to look at it.

White smoke... blown headgasket is my guess. It doesn't have to have water leaking into the motor to have this happen. All it needs is the water leading into the intake tract.

My guess... they beat the **** out of it... They overheated it...

They tried to steal my car twice... I have a busted digital dash and trim to show for it too. A Kill switch saved it... both times.

You live in this wonderful city also... Nice. Well the story continues, He took it to the shop and they are telling him the motor is bad. He hasn't went to look at the open engine but That was my first recomendation.. Well nothing good has came out of it exept now he's looking for a "racing "block. Not to sure what he means by that but I hope the car isn't ruined!! Thanks for the replys.

IRACEIT what part of town are you on. Do you own a turbo buick? maybe you can give me a hand on a pre purchase inspection for my next car.. Thanks for the input. Tim

Better tell him to make sure that his crank doesnt "dissappear". If there is anything practically irreplaceable on that engine its the rolled fillet crank. They will replace it with another "non-turbo" crank in a minute and not even know what theyve done.
If the motor was just blowing out white smoke and not knocking like it was going to shoot something out of it I dont know how it could all of a sudden be a bad motor :rolleyes:
Sounds like hes getting screwed:(

Well he went to the shop and the piston was broke and the cylinder wall was pitted/cracked. So now I'll start a new thread with my next problem.

My home phone number is 719-637-3781 or Cell 631-1928

I live near Fountain Blvd/S. Academy (4145 Sanders View Drive) in the BellAir View Apt complex.

I have the GN hidden in a "lockable" garage because of what you had to endure. The local idiots have tried to steal it twice... the second time they went for it they tore away at the dash hoping to find the "kill switch." The 15 year old that was nailed as he was cranking it over got a slap on the wrist... a minor. The legal stance was... "He was only attempting to steal it... he didn't accomplish the act."

These are high theft items... after I accomplished the '87 intercooled swap I was at a 7-11 getting fuel when some local hispanic thugs drove up to check out the car. They asked if it was for sale. I was in military uniform at the time (USAF). I replied that the car would never be sold... "Too bad... guess we'll have to steal it. You would be better off selling it to us, atleast you'll get something for it." That was the reply.

I have observed the car get cased many times, and followed many times as well. I will never park it alone, or walk away from it. The bottom line is... if they want it bad enough they'll get a 14 year old to put a gun in your face and take it that way.

I will be on the day shift rotation for a couple weeks. Let me know if you come across a lower '86/'87 intake in your motor parts search.