car troubles need help (MAF)

BGN8711

Hey you guys, it has been quite a while since I have posted on here school has kind of kept me from doing the whole Buick thing unfortunately. That being said, all of a sudden my car is idling like crap and sputtering and hesitating under general driving conditions. I think the MAF sensor went, I ordered one but it won't be here for four days. Does anyone have one lying around that I could use to just check to see if that is the issue or even possibly buy off one of you guys? Let me know, even to just borrow it for the day to check I would offer monetary compensation. Thanks you guys!

Brian

PS I am in the Placentia/Yorba Linda area

Sorry, Brian, i don't have one, and offhand, i don't know of anybody that does have one. I'm sure that somebody will chime in. I still have the front plate for your car, & if we ever hook up, remind me so I can get it to you or your brother.

Brian,

I've got one. Not sure about how I can get it to you. Give me a call if you need it. (858) 495-0145.

Neal

Brian.
To verify if its the MAF...unplug the MAF while you're idling and see if it normalizes...if yes...then MAF...if no...then maybe something else like the cam sensor...or...

hey you guys so I switched the MAF and now the car runs perfectly under load but wants to die at idle and when I put it in gear. I am thinking the IAC? The computer threw a code but I was lucky enough to have my scanmaster stolen out of my car recently so there is no way I can check what code it is throwing. Any body out there have a way to check what code it is throwing around here? Again I will gladly offer monetary compensation to anyone who can help, thanks you guys!

Brian

hey you guys so I switched the MAF and now the car runs perfectly under load but wants to die at idle and when I put it in gear. I am thinking the IAC? The computer threw a code but I was lucky enough to have my scanmaster stolen out of my car recently so there is no way I can check what code it is throwing. Any body out there have a way to check what code it is throwing around here? Again I will gladly offer monetary compensation to anyone who can help, thanks you guys!

Brian

Brian,

As a guess I'd say the replacement MAF is no good. Most of the ones I've seen don't read correctly. More than likely the code will be for MAF circuit low. If you want to come down this weekend I can check it out and lend you one if you need it. BTW there is a NOS MAF for sale in the parts section right now.

Neal