car trailoring

deezdad

looking to get my dissabled t from rhode island to north carolina. i'll need to rent a truck and trailor of some sort. figure i'll look into u-haul. anyone have any experience and approx. cost to do this...or any other rental companies to try? thanks

trailer

I used U-haul a couple times with no problems. I do not remember the price but did like the trailers.

A u-haul trailer will cost you somewhere around $300 one-way. It is far cheaper if you can rent one round-trip.

If you use the U-haul, don't allow them to wrap the trailer light cord around the tongue of the trailer. The slider brake will cut the lines and blow fuses in the middle of nowhere at 1am. Don't ask how I know this.

Also, make reservations far in advance.

If you use the U-haul, don't allow them to wrap the trailer light cord around the tongue of the trailer. The slider brake will cut the lines and blow fuses in the middle of nowhere at 1am. Don't ask how I know this.

Also, make reservations far in advance.

10/4.-Thank You

i've been looking into this myself for trailering my car too Texas for a buyer (2100miles reound trip)

u-haul wants $0.69 a mile plus $30 for the truck (just under $1,500):eek:
then i still have too rent the trailor!

i've been thinking of getting an SUV from Budget for $180 (unlimited mileage), buying a hitch for it and towing a dolly or trailer (not suppose to do that but oh well)
then i run into the problem of wiring for the trailor...

let me know how you do it, i am very interested

It wouldn't be that difficult to rent a SUV and do what you wish. If something DOES happen, I am not sure what your/their insurance company would say.

You can get a bolt on hitch for around $150 and a plug in wiring harness for $50. I think I only paid $50 to rent the trailer. Heck, some SUV's already have a hitch installed !!!!!

I know EXACTLY how you know....same way I found out in the middle of BFE.