Car stumbles then stalls out of nowhere.

TurboPtom

Hey all.

I've got a big problem here, my daily driver just went kaput on me friday and I can't seem to find the problem yet.

Car will drive fine for awhile, but then it seems to "choose" when to screw up, it stumbles and then stalls if I dont keep pushing up and down on the gas pedal. When it comes to this, even at stoplights I have to drop it in neutral to keep it running with the accelerator.

But the next day, when I start the car in park, it acts completely normal again! So I decided to see what I could find while it would idle in park.

I couldn't find any vacuum leaks or loose wires. The scanmaster is getting a reading from the maf and the car has spark on all the wires.

I'm thinking it may be a fuel problem. But I don't have a gauge or a multimeter with me at the moment. Is there any other way to check that without those two tools?

And does anyone have any idea what the hell is going on with this car? :confused:

Thanks!

Ptom

How long has the new engine been in the car? Have you gone around and made sure all the wiring connections / connectors are plugged in and are tight?

I had a problem with a loose connection going to the cam sensor and crank sensor and the engine would do like what you described.

If not a loose connection to those sensors maybe the sensor / 's may be going bad and causing the problem.

Just a thought and somethings to look at,hth. :smile:

clean the MAF, if its dirty the ecm will not see the correct amount of air coming in and will shorten the injector pulse, i had it happen with my 240sx with a k&n, the car would run fine sometimes and run crappy outta nowhere, cleaned it and badda bing runs like a top. This is only a starting point, keep it simple