Car Stolen : Sac Ca,

You couldn't be more wrong. The adjuster is there to settle the claim at a fair amount. Any offer that an insurance company makes is based on something. A total loss offer is usually based on a few dozen similiar vehicle sales in the local region. It's illegal for an insurance company or their employees to say "This car may be worth $10k, but I'm just going to offer $5k to try and save the company some money". Usually the issues with classic cars are because there are not many sales to compare your vehicle to. And like someone mentioned above, the adjuster doesn't understand the value of a particular vehicle like a n/a Regal vs. a GN.

An insurance company has no benefit to drag out a claim. Few insurance companies make money from the premium they collect. They make money by investing. The more claims they have open means that they have to keep more money stored in reserve to pay for open claims. This means they have less money to invest. There is constant pressure on adjusters to close claims. A common phase in the industry is that "a closed claim is a good claim", even if you had to overpay to get rid of the claim.

Dude...you obviously never had to deal with Nationwide over a stolen GN because everything you just stated is EXACTLY the way they dealt with my claim. They stalled, low balled, hired a crooked third party appraiser and even practically accused me of arranging the theft. F***heads! :mad:

:( Still Nothing. :(

Well I'm gonna start looking for somethin else so if any1 see's any good deals please let me know..

I've got a buddy here looking to sell his clean, 52,000 mile GN. Like your's it's chock full of bolt-ons but his even has heads:

Modifications
- High quality paint job in 2001
- PTE-44 turbo with Precision .63 housing
- Mototron 60# injectors
- Chargedair V4 stock location 24 row intercooler
- Translator LS1 MAF converter, version 6.21
- 3.5” LS1 MAF sensor
- Arizona GN “Hi Flow” iron ported heads. Machined bowls, brass valve guides, 3 angle valve job
- T&D 1.6 ratio roller rockers
- Champion aluminum “tall” valve covers w/ “Buick” and turbo six emblems engraved. K&N breathers
- Arizona GN port matched lower intake manifold
- RJC power plate
- Competition Cams 212/206 flat tappet, .478 lift @ 1.55 ratio, 110* lobe separation
- Melling cam button CB100
- Competition Cams hydraulic lifters
- Competition Cams 3129 billet double roller timing gear
- Chromoly push rods
- Extender custom chip, 96 octane w/high speed data signal and theft prevention, 21*/19*, rev F
- Eric Marshall Turbotweak custom alky chip, 21*
- SMC alcohol injection kit (denatured alcohol)
- Poston’s stainless steel driver side header. Replaced cracked factory header.
- Terry Houston 3” downpipe w/ straight pipe and cutout
- Hooker “super comp” 2.5” dual catback exhaust
- Walbro 307 high flow in-tank fuel pump
- Fuel pump hot wire kit
- Accufab billet adjustable fuel pressure regulator
- Jeg’s liquid filled rail mounted fuel pressure gauge
- 160 degree thermostat
- High efficiency radiator
- Cold air kit with front air dam scoop, 4” hose leading to open air filter (no canister)
- 9” K&N cone air filter w/ 3.5” neck
- solid Mass Air Flow pipe
- AC Delco CR43TS plugs gapped @ .035
- Heavy duty intercooler hoses with heavy duty clamps
- Scanmaster 2.1 diagnostic scan tool, ½ second signal update with extender chip
- VDO 30psi boost gauge mounted on A-pillar pod
- Street Brawler torque converter, 2600 rpm stall speed, 12” lockup
- Hardened stator support
- TCI valve body shift kit
- Transmission rebuilt with TCI heavy duty rebuild kit
- Nitto 275/50/15 555R Extreme Drag Radials
- Weld Draglite wheels, 15 x 7 front, 15 x 8 rear
- Dual air bags, passenger @ 15psi, driver @ 5psi
- Gabriel shocks and struts
- Pinion Snubber removed
- Upgraded brake pads from Cotton’s
- DC Tech polished turbo heat shield
- Jax set covers Grand National embroidered floor mats
- Pioneer DEH-4400 XM ready ,CD, 50 x 4 head unit
- Pioneer XM radio tuner
- JBL 150.4 amp
- Phoenix Gold QX 10” subwoofer in custom built box
- Boston Acoustic NX97 rear speakers
- Boston Acoustic FX3 3.5” dash speakers
- Viper alarm system

My friend Bob down here in Orange County has a mint GN he's selling for $25K It done paint, motor etc. A true show piece that runs 10.60's with time slips to prove.

Let me know.

Elk Grove? Thought that was a nice area. I used to be stationed near there at Beale and would see a few GNs on Friday and Saturday night at the clubs. The guys driving em were obviously in the drug game. I'd see the same guys at Empire, the club by Arden Mall and I also ran into em in Notomas near that newer Walmart. I know these guys were crooks because my buddy had a clean Impala SS and we caught those guys following us once. (3 GNs on 22's kinda stand out) They must have had v8s cause we just hopped on the highway and smoked em.
Probably just a hunch on my part, but some of those guys in Sac are dumb, you might see it out cruising with different plates. The vin on my GN is on all the glass and I doubt these guys are that attentive. All of em like that?
Also a good idea to check craiglist, I saw some parts for sale up there a few weeks ago.
Also that insurance guy, just have your wife ask for a new rep. That should help.

Well Just an update, They said they should have an offer for me by monday... So keep your fingers crossed.

They acted like they couldnt except all my paypal receipts @ first because I had so many.. But I had to explain tht I buy most of my items off a forum..

Good luck and keep us updated. Be prepared for a low offer. Insurance adjusters hate dealing with classic/speciality cars. They are outside the normal and the owners are normally very involved. 99% of their claims are a 97 Accord or something. They can see what dozens of other 97 Accords have sold for in the recent weeks and can put a value on it based on those previous sales. Can't do that with a GN so it messes up their normal process. Like I said before, be ready to get your stuff together to show and prove that your GN is worth more. Don't be satisfied with an offer that's less than you want. You may have to do some extra work, but you can get a fair value. As always, you or anyone can respond or PM me with your insurance claims questions. I'll be more than happy to use my experience in the industry to help a fellow TB'er.

I'm gonna take it , I mean my car wasnt perfect & with the way the economy is right now, I should be able to get something decent.

1987 Turbo T : Limited..

Ok Might have found a fixer upper for a good price..
1987 Turbo T : Limited.. 67,000 miles runs & drives ,,, Been stored since 1995..

The car is gray with a blue bench seat & column Shift. Everything Stock ... I mean Everything Down to the stereo. does Need some light body work My biggest question is. The car has a moonroof which Looks diff. Than my GN & the control Says " ASC " would this be correct on this Car ?

Check the rpo sticker to see if it's factory or if it was added on.
Nothing like getting back in the saddle again:wink:
Start a new thread if you get it

hey sorry about your loss brother! glad you had full coverage though! i wasnt so lucky or smart. i had my low 10 69 camaro 454 street/strip car stolen at a car show way back in 1991. no full coverage because i had every security system you could imagine on it. and it was always garage kept. and never parked outside alone. had about 20 grand into car! i was only 19 years old, and there is not a worse feeling than some scumbag steeling your pride and joy! but im glad you made out well brother!