car stalls when "cold"

ct67_72

I say "cold" because it will stall randomly untill you drive it for a while, it will sometimes still stall randomly, but if you drive down the highway it will never stall after this. I drive 10 minutes to get on the highway and today it stalled twice, I had stop and go traffic after being on the highway for 10-15 minutes and it never did it once.
now it only does it coming to a stop, usually about the time is drops to first, and when taking off. if you really ease into it its usually ok, but it you take off normal it will start to go then stall. but it always starts right back up.
I just replaced the iac, and I had a code 15 so I did the temp sensor. the last couple days the check engine light has come on whle i let it warm up leaving work, but it went off as soon as I started driving, now I have a code 45, but only at cold idle.
I drove around town the other day for like 20 minutes after warming up and it stalled 5 times, it sat at a show for a few hours and ran perfect after that.
I still have the origional maf and map. and I dont know whos chip it is, I have 50 lb injectors and the chip says 22 degrees also :eek:
I know this is a lot and any suggestions are welcome, I do not have a scan tool or monitor.
let me know what you think.

Check what chip is in it. When i bought my 86 i had the exact same issue your describing. I checked everything, codes, mass air, making sure all sensor plugs were in, tune up, vac leaks. All with no luck. In the end it ended up being a bad chip, i called turbotweak and my problems were solved.

code 45 - o2 sensor - put a new one in.

- Check TPS volts .36 - .44 (need a scan master)
- check crank sensor for contact with interupter. if signs of contact replace sensor
- Reset IAC while motor operating temp at by:
- start engine & run for 10-15 seconds then shut off for 30 seconds;
- start engine, engine in gear, AC off check IAC count on scanner. If less than 25 adjust IAC.

I used to have a old ATR chip that would make my car stall when ever I quickly let off the gas. I put a Turbo Tweak chip in and the problem went away and the car never ran better. I think he does something with the IAC control. You might consider a TT chip.

Thanks. oxygen sensor is also brand new forgot about that one. I will reset the iac, the tps I set with a meter tapped into the wire at the tps plug. Im going to order a tt chip and hope it fixes this, I need a new chip anyway. but it kills me that if I drive down the highway it never stalls again

Im telling you i had the same problem. Order the TT chip and report back after a day or so.

Im going to order it tomorrow. and I will definately report back. my chip is old and setup weird so it will be nice to get rid of it anyway

Ill get one at some point, trying not to make a huge project out of it. it will have one just dont know when. and I havnt needed one yet with years of building and tuning other cars so Im not in a huge rush. I will get a scan tool to play with the chip settings though and I suppose worst case I can use it the same way

so I went out to look at the chip because I couldnt remember if I had 50lb or 55lb injectors and I never even realized that the chip says emissions 55lb 22 degrees on it. I shouldnt even have it in there

so I went out to look at the chip because I couldnt remember if I had 50lb or 55lb injectors and I never even realized that the chip says emissions 55lb 22 degrees on it. I shouldnt even have it in there

Are you in for a surprise when you put the new chip in.

very similar thing was going on with me, turned out crank sensor was going... It's so nice to drive now that it won't die no matter what! Worth looking into before you spend too much money.

well the tt chip was the fix, and I cant beleive what I was missing with the emissions chip that came in the car. oh my got this thing rips, roll on second gear and it just starts to spin and keeps spinning through third now. I was a little to sideways to check for fourth

well the tt chip was the fix, and I cant beleive what I was missing with the emissions chip that came in the car. oh my got this thing rips, roll on second gear and it just starts to spin and keeps spinning through third now. I was a little to sideways to check for fourth

I told you, you were in for a surprise when you put the new chip in.